We’ve had some changes to programs listed in the Spring/Summer 2021 Activity Guide since it went to print:
- Registration for camps Tadpole, Wildwood and Evergreen will be done BY APPOINTMENT ONLY.
Southfield residents can call (248) 796-4620 for an appointment beginning Monday, May 10. Appointments will be made during P&R Information Desk regular hours, 9 am - 5 pm, Monday through Friday. Payment for all camp fees must be made at time of registration by credit card only.
- Ceramics postponed to June 2
- Spanish I and Spanish II are postponed until September
- Spring Park Adventures start time has moved to 9 am beginning May 8
- Summer Wine Down Concert moved to Friday, Aug. 20 from 7-9 pm on the front lawn
- Beginning Tai Chi and Tai Chi Form May 6 sessions are canceled
- Bingo and Senior Social Hour all May dates are canceled
- Sand Volleyball league will begin May 17 (2 weeks later). Registrations accepted through May 7.
- All Karate classes; Li’l Tots through Advanced, will begin June 15
- Youth Basketball Clinics will begin Tue., June 1 and Sat., June 4
(to satisfy Community Service requirement)
Volunteer at a Special Event
The success the Parks & Recreation Department enjoys with its special events is due in no small part to the generous help of our volunteers. From helping in behind-the-scenes ways such as with set up or clean up, to helping throughout the event in situations such as running a game area or helping with the children’s arts and crafts area, volunteers are an essential part of our programs. Please email Cathy Fresia, email@example.com or call her at (248) 796-4603 if you are willing to volunteer at a Parks & Recreation Department special event. Community service will be documented for any credit needed.
Volunteer to Help with Senior or Therapeutic Recreation Programs
The City of Southfield has specific volunteer opportunities available relating to seniors and/or therapeutic recreation (recreation programs designed for those individuals with disabilities). Opportunities to work directly with these groups within programs such as bounce volleyball, wheelchair basketball, golf, tennis, etc. are available by contacting Claudia Brewer firstname.lastname@example.org at (248) 796-4673. Contact hours will be recorded for those needing documentation for school.