Parks & Recreation Update - March 1
To help slow the spread of the COVID-19 virus in our community and in accordance with the latest orders issued by the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services:
• The Parks and Recreation Building, the Senior Services office, Southfield Sports Arena and Beech Woods Recreation Center are closed to the public until March 15. Staff continue to work at all facilities, both on site in a limited capacity and remotely.
• Staff at the Parks & Recreation Department Information Desk (248) 796-4620 and the Beech Woods Recreation Center (248) 796-4670 front desk will answer phones and accept registrations by phone only. During this time, our phone lines will be open Monday through Friday from 9 am-5 pm. On-line registration is available anytime of the day at https://apm.activecommunities.com/southfieldparks/
• TOSS (Transportation of Southfield Seniors) will continue to take reservations and provide transportation for medical appointments and limited grocery trips. Appointments must be made at least 48 hours in advance and riders will receive a health screening call the day prior to their appointment between 10 am and 2 pm. Masks are required for all riders and drivers, and buses are cleaned after each rider. If you have questions or would like to schedule an appointment please call (248) 796-4658. Leave your name, phone number and a short message and someone will return your call as soon as possible. If you need other transportation services please call the SMART Connector at (866) 962-5515.
• All Southfield parks remain open to the public during this time. However, outdoor restrooms and water access at Beech Woods Park, Civic Center Park, Inglenook Park, Pebble Creek Park and the Mary Thompson House and Farm are closed for the season. When visiting a Southfield park please do your part to protect yourself and others by wearing a face mask and keeping a safe physical distance from others.
Winter Park Amenity Closures
Outdoor restrooms and water access are closed for the season through May 1, 2021 at:
• Beech Woods Park
• Civic Center Park (near the Miracle Field)
• Inglenook Park
• Pebble Creek Park
• Mary Thompson House and Farm
The parking lot gates to the following parks are closed through May 1, 2021:
• Pebble Creek Park, access road off American Dr.
• Bedford Woods Park, Lathrup Blvd. entrance
• Freeway Park, Lincoln Drive entrance
Southfield Residents Can Purchase Discounted Detroit Zoo Tickets
We are excited to announce that Southfield Parks & Recreation has joined the Detroit Zoo's Tickets & More Online Discount Program! You may buy specially priced tickets for the Detroit Zoo over the Internet with the added convenience of printing your tickets and then presenting them at the Zoo entrance. Purchasing tickets has never been easier!
You may purchase tickets online immediately by visiting your exclusive Detroit Zoo Tickets & More Discount Online Program ticket store in either of the following ways:
1: Click on our special Detroit Zoo link https://tickets.detroitzoo.org/affiliate.asp?ID=0F8E5784-1B1F-4FDE-8B69-108A9B125D7E This link will take you directly to our special "store" site without the need to enter a password.
2: You can also reach the site by going to https://tickets.detroitzoo.org and enter our exclusive Ticket Store User Name: Southfield parks and recreation
Please note: If you wish to visit the Polk Penguin Conservation Center, you will need to get a free, timed-entry pass. Passes are available on a first-come, first-served basis at main admissions gate only. We hope you and your family enjoy the Detroit Zoo this season! If you have any questions concerning the Detroit Zoo ticket program please call us at (248) 796-4620.