Wellness & Fitness Center
Parks & Recreation Update - November 18
To help slow the spread of the COVID-19 virus in our community and in accordance with the latest orders issued by the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services, all Southfield Parks & Recreation Department programs and special events are cancelled or postponed from November 18 through December 9.
• The Parks and Recreation Building, the Senior Services office, Southfield Sports Arena and Beech Woods Recreation Center are closed to the public. Staff continue to work at all facilities, both on site in a limited capacity and remotely.
• Staff at the Parks & Recreation Department Information Desk (248) 796-4620 and the Beech Woods Recreation Center (248) 796-4670 front desk will answer phones and accept registrations by phone only. During this time, our phone lines will be open Monday through Thursday from 9 am-5 pm. On-line registration is available anytime of the day at https://apm.activecommunities.com/southfieldparks/
• In accordance with outdoor group gathering limitations made in the MDHHS order, the Southfield Tree Lighting Ceremony planned for December 4 has been canceled.
• TOSS (Transportation of Southfield Seniors) will continue to take reservations and provide transportation for medical appointments and limited grocery trips. Appointments must be made at least 48 hours in advance and riders will receive a health screening call the day prior to their appointment between 10 am and 2 pm. Masks are required for all riders and drivers, and buses are cleaned after each rider. If you have questions or would like to schedule an appointment please call (248) 796-4658. Leave your name, phone number and a short message and someone will return your call as soon as possible. If you need other transportation services please call the SMART Connector at (866) 962-5515.
• All Southfield parks remain open to the public during this time. However, outdoor restrooms and water access at Beech Woods Park, Civic Center Park, Inglenook Park, Pebble Creek Park and the Mary Thompson House and Farm are closed for the season. Porta potties are placed at Civic Center Park near the tennis courts and at Inglenook Park near the existing restrooms for as long as weather permits. When visiting a Southfield park please do your part to protect yourself and others by wearing a face mask and keeping a safe physical distance from others.
The Beech Woods Wellness Center is a compete workout facility providing programs designed not only to get you active now, but to keep you active for many years to come.
We are a personalized facility where everyone feels like family. The fitness faithful, as well as workout novices enjoy our comfortable atmosphere and friendly service. The Wellness Center now features a newly renovated space with new fitness equipment! We invite you to come see how Beech Woods Wellness Center can help you achieve fitness success.
A Beech Woods Wellness Center Membership includes:
* Equipment Orientation
* Use of all equipment:
12 Circuit Training Machines
Upright Stationary Bike
Concept 2 Rowing Machine
The Beech Woods Wellness Center is open as follows:
(Sept. - May)
(June - Aug.)
|Monday - Friday||8 a.m. - 8 p.m.|
|Saturday||8 a.m. - 2 p.m.|
The Wellness Center is closed on all major holidays.