Beech Woods Park Shelter
Update - April 7, 2020
All Parks & Recreation Department classes, programs and rentals are cancelled or postponed through April 30 or further notice. Additionally, all Southfield Parks & Recreation facilities (Parks & Recreation Building, Southfield Pavilion, Beech Woods Recreation Center, Southfield Sports Arena, Arts & Activities Building, Evergreen Hills Golf Course, Beech Woods Driving Range and Burgh Historical Park buildings ) are closed to the public. The TOSS (Transportation of Southfield Seniors) program has suspended service until further notice. Residents needing transportation to medical appointments or shopping/pharmacy visits during this time are being referred to the SMART Connector program (https://www.smartbus.org/Services/Connector/Using-Connector-Service.) All playground equipment, tennis courts, racquetball courts, sand volleyball courts, athletic fields, restrooms and picnic shelters are closed until further notice in an effort to help stop the spread of COVID-19.
All parks remain open to the public during this time for fitness activities such as walking, jogging and bike rides. Park visitors are reminded to observe the CDC’s minimum recommended physical distancing of 6 feet from other individuals at all times while in the parks. If this is not possible, users should find an alternate location or leave that park for the time being. Please note that outdoor amenities such as benches and fencing are not sanitized so please follow the CDC health and safety guidelines. Remember to wash your hands and carry hand sanitizer. Please do not use trails if you have symptoms. Please bring a suitable trash bag with you to the park and leave no trash.
Beech Woods Park Shelter
22200 Beech Road
Maximum shelter occupancy is 65 people (12 tables)
Groups may reserve picnic areas at Civic Center Park, Beech Woods Park, and Pebble Creek Park through October. Reservations must be made by Southfield residents in person at the Parks & Recreation offices between the hours of 8:00 am and 7:00 pm, Monday-Friday. Please call (248) 796-4620 for more information.
- Reservations are on a first-come, first-served basis and must be made by a Southfield resident or Business Leisure Card holder.
- Payment in full is required at time of booking.
- The picnic area may be reserved from 8:00 am until 8:00 pm.
- There are no refunds on shelter permits.
- The park and its amenities are available to the public as well as picnic permit holders. However, the picnic shelter is exclusive to the permit holder’s group.
- Electricity is not available at picnic shelters.
- No alcohol is allowed.
- Permit holder will be billed for any damage incurred during your outing.
- Inflatables (moonwalks, etc.) and tents are allowed by permit only ($25/item). Permit holders must also produce Proof of Insurance, naming the City of Southfield as additional insured, in a minimum amount of $1 million.