Water Billing


Click on the button below to register, view and pay City of Southfield water bills.

Water Bill Online Payments

Please note: The City of Southfield recently transitioned to a new water bill payment system that provides residents and businesses with easy access to information regarding their water bills and a quick and convenient way to pay bills online.  There is no registration required and no fee to utilize the system. To logon, simply click on the link below, then “Search: Utility Billing, “By: Address.” Type in service address, click on search, click on your address, mid page you will see “Important Message” to make payment, click on UTILITY BILL PAYMENTS, this will route you to the payment processor.  Please make note of your account number which is on your water bill or listed below.  For more information, call the Water Department at (248) 796-4850.


Residential water bills are issued every two months and commercial water bills are issued every month.


Water bill payments can be mailed to the address shown on the water bill: City of Southfield, Water and Sewer Department, P. O. Box 33835, Detroit, MI, 48232-0835. When paying by mail, please include the bill stub to assure proper credit to the correct account. 

Payments can be made in person at the Treasurer’s Office, located in the Municipal Building at the Civic Center complex, 26000 Evergreen Road, at Civic Center Drive. That office is open Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. When paying in person, please bring the entire bill form for faster service.

Payment can be made through the Automatic Bill Payment Plan. By submitting the properly completed application to the Water Department, the billing customer’s payments are withdrawn from (the choice of) a savings account or a checking account automatically upon the due date of each bill. Applications for this payment plan are available at the Water Department and at the Treasurer’s Office; or the forms will be mailed out by request.

Payments can be made online at bsaonline.com.

Payments can be made by phone using a credit card or electronic check for residential accounts and by electronic check only for commercial accounts. Call (844) 860-8194.


The Water Residential Assistance (WRAP) Program provides funding to eligible, low-income households. Funding is provided by the Great Lakes Water Authority and is administered in partnership with local community action agencies. Click on the following link to learn more.

WRAP Program flyer (PDF)


At the time that a residence or business changes ownership or tenancy, the seller or tenant needs to call the Water Department and request a final read. (Please provide forwarding mailing address information.)

If the property is connected to city sewer, but not to the water system, the seller (or tenant) should notify the Water Department with the last date of responsibility and the mailing address for the sewer bill.

For water billing, new water or sewer service, water service shut off, or troubleshooting problems, call (248) 796-4850. Office hours are Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.