BEECH ROAD REHABILITATION
8 MILE TO 10 MILE
2021 PROJECT HIGHLIGHTS
The Beech Road project completed asphalt rehabilitation between 8 Mile and 10 Mile Roads, including underground drainage structure/sewer upgrades, intermittent curb and gutter placement, signage, guardrail, and driveway approaches.
2022 PROJECT HIGHLIGHTS:
The project will wrap up this spring with complete traffic signal upgrades at the 9 Mile intersection, along with sidewalk ramp upgrades, asphalt rehabilitation at the 9 Mile/Beech Road intersection, completion of driveway approaches, irrigation repairs, lawn restoration, and heavy maintenance for the Beech Road bridge (between 9 - 10 Mile Roads). Starting March 7th, the bridge rehabilitation will begin, requiring the closure of Beech Road between 10 Mile and 9 Mile. The bridge closure is expected to last until mid-May. There will also be a short three-day closure for the placement of epoxy overlay on the bridge deck once warmer temperatures arrive in the spring.
- Signal work – Currently under way.
- Bridge work – Beginning March 7th.
- All other contract work - Expected to be complete by late June 2022.
Bridge work between 9 Mile and 10 Mile:
- Thru traffic from 9 Mile to 10 Mile will be closed for bridge work over the Rouge River (Posted detour signs will be in place).
- Two-way local traffic ONLY will be permitted on Beech Road from 9 Mile Road to 10 Mile Road on each side of the bridge to the bridge location