Yard Waste/Brush Collection


Yard waste and brush are collected from mid-April through mid-December (weather permitting).

Yard Waste is collected curbside on your regularly scheduled rubbish collection day. Yard waste must be placed in approved paper bags or containers (32-gallon max) clearly marked with a yard waste sticker that may be obtained by calling (248) 796-4860; OR THE CONTAINER (32-gallon max) may be marked with a "Y." YARD WASTE IN PLASTIC BAGS WILL NOT BE COLLECTED .

Brush Collection
The following are guidelines to help you follow the regulations for the curbside pick up of brush:

  • No limbs over 8" in diameter;
  • Branches shorter than 4' must be tied in bundles less than 60lbs per bundle, or in compost containers or bags;
  • Vines must be bundled or in compost bags;
  • No logs, roots or stumps;
  • No complete shrub with roots attached;
  • No dirt or rocks;
  • All branches must be stacked at the curb with the cut ends facing the street; and
  • Branches less than 2” in diameter must be bagged or bundled.

Questions regarding yard waste collection may be directed to the Public Works Department at (248) 796-4860.