Welcome to the Storm Water Division of Public Works
The mission of the Storm Water Management Department is to comply with federal and State mandates, as well as local regulations, to take steps to better manage storm water and to protect the environment.
Department Responsibilities and Services:
- The Storm Water Management Department provides services to the City’s residents, businesses and employees.
- The Storm Water Management Department manages the problems facing our local urban river systems due to storm water pollution.
- The Storm Water Management Department will help ensure that the City is in compliance with federal, state and local environmental laws which protect human health and the environment.
- The Storm Water Management Department is responsible for the education of, and providing information to, the public on storm water pollution issues.
- The Storm Water Management Department is responsible for implementing its Storm Water Management Master Plan.
Comment on Southfield's Stormwater Management Plan
The Stormwater Management Plan (SWMP) for the City of Southfield is provided below for public comment. If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to email Brandy Siedlaczek, Storm Water Manager at email@example.com or call (248) 796-4806.
Thank you for your interest in the Rouge River!