The Oakland County Michigan Works! Southfield assists job seekers in finding employment by providing access and direction to use the Pure Michigan Talent Connect and other Talent Services.
* Eligibility requirements may apply.
Partnership, Accountability, Training, Hope (PATH)*
For low-income families, the PATH program provides:
- Work supports and education/training opportunities to help them get good paying jobs that move their families out of poverty.
- A broader and more intensive range of services, including job placement assistance, job readiness services, remedial education, training, high school completion, post secondary education, and ongoing post-employment supports and services.
- Training and support on-the-job past 180 days to ensure they stay attached to the labor force and are able to prepare for advancement.
- The tools and skills that are needed to empower individuals and families to be self-sustaining long term.
Trade Adjustment Assistance (TAA)*
Trade Adjustment Assistance (TAA) assist individuals who have become unemployed as a result of increased imports from, or shifts in production to, foreign countries. The goal of the program is to help trade-affected workers return to suitable employment as quickly as possible. To facilitate this goal, TAA certified workers may access a menu of services that include income support, relocation allowances and job search allowances. TAA participants that require retraining in order to obtain suitable employment may receive occupational training.
Workforce Innovation and Opportunities Act (WIOA) – Adult Program*
The Workforce Innovation and Opportunities Act (WIOA) Adult Program provides workforce investment activities that increase the employment, retention, and earnings of participants, and increase occupational skill attainment by participants, which will improve the quality of the workforce and enhance the productivity and competitiveness of the economy. WIOA services include but are not limited to:
- Labor Market Information
- Job Leads, Job Referrals and Job Skills Information
- Academic and Occupational Training Information
- Financial Aid and Supportive Services Information
- Eligibility determination for training services
- Counseling and Career Planning
- Assessments of skill levels and services needed
- Development of a Career Plan and Identification of Employment Goals
- Resume and Interview Assistance
- Occupational Skills Training
- Assistance with Credential Attainment – i.e. HS Diploma or GED
- Skill upgrading and/or retraining
- Adult education and literacy activities