The Road Commission for Oakland County (RCOC) has issued a permit allowing Pamar Enterprises to close the 10 Mile Road/Pierce Avenue intersection, located between Southfield and Greenfield roads in Southfield for sanitary sewer installation for the City of Southfield beginning Monday, August 9, 2021.
- Access to homes and businesses will be maintained during the closure.
- The detour for through traffic is Greenfield Road to Lincoln Drive to Southfield Road, back to 10 Mile Road and vice versa.
- The intersection is expected to reopen on September 7.
- This section of 10 Mie Road carries approximately 15,180 vehicles daily.
SECTION 25 – AREA 7 & 8
START: June 2021
COMPLETION: November 2021
$5.6M investment funded by the Water & Sewer Bond Fund
- Water main replacement
- Separating sanitary flow from storm water flow which includes new sanitary pipe installation on some streets
- Separating these flows reduces the risk of basement back-ups due to surcharging public sewers during large rain events
- Reconstruction of streets in concrete, including approaches
- Generally, roads are open during construction with minor delays
- This neighborhood is challenging to maintain traffic because of so many dead-end roads; while work is occurring on your street, we ask residents to park on other streets during the work day so you may come and go freely
Other items of note:
- Mail delivery and garbage collection should continue normally
- When roads are prepared for concrete paving, residents will not have access to their streets for 2-3 weeks and will be directed to park on nearby streets; overnight parking enforcement will temporarily cease at these times; advance notice will be provided
- Water service can be expected to be interrupted about 3 times during construction; advance notice will be provided; water service will always be re-established by the end of a work day, if contractors are gone and your water isn’t back on please call or email the project team