Community Development Block Grant Program (CDBG)
The City of Southfield’s CDBG HUD Entitlement of $411,507 for the Fiscal Year July 1, 2021 –June 30, 2022 is allocated to the following activities:
(Note: Click the links for programs below to be directed to their respective home pages)
1. Administration: Costs for running the CDBG program. Budget: $77,789.
2. The Fair Housing Center of Metropolitan Detroit: Promoting equal and fair housing. Budget: $1,955.
3. HAVEN: Providing services related to domestic violence. Budget: $3,000.
4. South Oakland Shelter (Lighthouse): Providing services to residents for youth counseling and runaway shelters. Budget: $1,500.
5. Southfield Youth Assistance (SYA): Provides funds for skill building education and recreational programs, camps. Budget: $17,330.
6. Emergency Relief Fund (ERF): Provides interim care to residents to prevent evictions, utility shut offs, food, medication, etc. Budget: $15,000.
7. Southfield Home Improvement Program (SHIP): Provides funds to homeowners for home repairs. Budget:$134,933. plus, program income funds.
8. Rebuilding Together: To assist low/moderate income families with home improvements with volunteers. Budget: $15,000.
9. Chore Program: Provides assistance to low/moderate income seniors with funds for minor home repair. Budget: $145,000.