Planning Commission September 1 Study Meeting Agenda (conducted via teleconference)
Due to the State of Emergency declared due to COVID-19, the Planning Commission Study Meeting will be conducted via teleconference. Residents can listen to the meeting live online on City Cable 15 and through the City's website at https://bit.ly/Cable15.
CITY OF SOUTHFIELD
PLANNING COMMISSION STUDY MEETING
SEPTEMBER 1, 2021
Teleconference Call and Viewed on Cityofsouthfield.com
Webex Number: 1-415-655-0001 Access Code: 179 114 9447
- American Recovery Funds - Part 1 – Presentations by the City Treasurer and the Business and Economic Development Director regarding their proposals to use these funds.
Coronavirus State and Local Fiscal Recovery Funds provide eligible governments with a substantial infusion of resources to meet pandemic response needs and rebuild a stronger, more equitable economy as the country recovers. Within the categories of eligible uses, recipients have broad flexibility to decide how best to use this funding to meet the needs of their communities.
- PSLU21-0007 is a Special Use Request of Enterprise Leasing Company of Detroit, on behalf of the owner, Progressive Casualty Insurance Company, to allow for an Automobile and Truck Leasing and Rental Office, Sidwell Parcel 2429-426-033, on the northwest corner of Telegraph Road and Garner Street, Section 29, City of Southfield, Oakland County, State of Michigan.
- PSLU21-0008 is a Special Use Request of Abraham Southfield Commons, LLC to allow for the tenant space to be used as a restaurant with bar, property located at 29267 Southfield Road, Sidwell Parcel 2411-479-060, on the west side of Southfield Road between W Twelve Mile and Webster, Section 11, City of Southfield, Oakland County, State of Michigan.
- PZRODD21-0003 is a Rezoning Request with Overlay Development District Development Agreement of Tricap Residential Group, representing the owner, Namou, Akram, Azhar, to rezone 5.4 acres of land to an Overlay Development District to convert the existing hotel to multiple family units on property located at 26700 Central Park Boulevard, Sidwell Parcel 2422-227-063, on the southeast corner of Central Park Boulevard and W Eleven Mile Road, Section 22, City of Southfield, Oakland County, State of Michigan.
5. Public Comment – A person addressing the Commission shall be limited to a period of three (3) minutes unless such period of time is extended by the presiding officer or by majority vote of the Commission.
Webex Call-In Number: 1-415-655-0001 Access Code: 179 114 9447
The following Rules of Procedure have been established for all speakers:
- No speaker may make personal or impertinent attacks upon any officer, employee, or Planning Commission member, that is unrelated to the manner in which the officer, employee, or Planning Commission member, performs his or her duties.
- No person shall use abusive or threatening language toward any individual when addressing the Planning Commission.
Any person who violates this section shall be directed by the presiding officer to be orderly and silent. If a person addressing the Planning Commission refuses to become silent when so directed, such person may be deemed by the presiding officer to have committed a “breach of the peace” by disrupting and impeding the orderly conduct of the public meeting of the Planning Commission and may be ordered by the presiding officer to leave the meeting. If the person refuses to leave as directed, the presiding officer may take whatever actions are necessary to remove the person from the meeting. Call in number for Communication will be provided the night of the meeting.
7. Minutes: August 18, 2021 Study Meeting and August 25, 2021 Regular Meeting