Planning Commission October 21 Study Meeting Agenda (conducted via teleconference)
Due to the State of Emergency declared due to COVID-19, the Planning Commission Study Meeting will be conducted via teleconference. Residents can listen to the meeting live online on City Cable 15 and through the City's website at https://bit.ly/Cable15. Residents may also call in at (248) 796-4150 to make public comment at the October 21 Planning Commission Study Meeting.
CITY OF SOUTHFIELD
PLANNING COMMISSION STUDY MEETING
OCTOBER 21, 2020
Teleconference Call and Viewed on Cityofsouthfield.com
- PSP20-0009 is the Site Plan Review Request of ZA Design Build, on behalf of the owner, JQK Properties, to construct a new composite deck off the northeast corner of the existing building located at 29444 Northwestern Highway, Sidwell Parcel 2407-326-008, E 123 Ft Of W 244.5 Ft Of Lot 2 Supervisors Plat No. 2 1.29 Ac, on the north side of Northwestern Highway between Franklin Road and Rosemond Drive, Section 07, City of Southfield, Oakland County, State of Michigan.
- PZRODD20-0001 is the Rezoning Request of Contour Development, on behalf of the owner, City of Southfield, to amend the Northland Subarea Redevelopment Plan Overlay Development District to allow for a mixed-use development on the following parcels: 2436-476-023, 2436-476-028, 2436-476-035, 2436-476-040, 2436-476-044 thru -047, or +/- 110.06 acres, more or less, City of Southfield, Oakland County, State of Michigan.
- PSP20-0011 is the Site Plan Review Request of Design Resources for Architecture, LLC, on behalf of the owner, Restorative Rehab, LLC, various site improvements and construction of a new entrance canopy for a rehabilitation facility located at 20830 Rutland Drive, Sidwell Parcel 2436-377-015, W 1/2 Of Lot 14 Northland Park No. 2, on the east side of Rutland Drive between W Eight Mile Road and Westhampton Street, Section 36, City of Southfield, Oakland County, State of Michigan.
- PSP20-0012 is the Site Plan Review Request of Yukon Building, on behalf of the owner, Kiwi Hospitality, LLC, for various site and façade improvements and construction of a new entrance canopy for the hotel located at 26555 Telegraph Road, Sidwell Parcels 2420-201-014, 2420-201-015 & 2420-201-016, on the west side of Telegraph Road between Swanson and M-10/I-696 Freeway, Section 20, City of Southfield, Oakland County, State of Michigan.
- PZTA20-0003 is a Council-initiated Zoning Ordinance Text Amendment to amend Title V, Zoning and Planning, Chapter 45, Zoning, of the Code of the City of Southfield by amending various Articles and Sections of the Zoning Ordinance related to Mobile MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging) Units, and other amendments that may become necessary as needed for the City of Southfield.
This text amendment specifically addresses defining Mobile Medical Trailers and designating in which Zoning Districts these trailers would be allowed, as well as, conditions for approval, and other amendments that may become necessary as needed for the City of Southfield.
- Public Comment – A person addressing the Commission shall be limited to a period of three (3) minutes unless such period of time is extended by the presiding officer or by majority vote of the Commission.
The following Rules of Procedure have been established for all speakers:
- No speaker may make personal or impertinent attacks upon any officer, employee, or Planning Commission member, that is unrelated to the manner in which the officer, employee, or Planning Commission member, performs his or her duties.
- No person shall use abusive or threatening language toward any individual when addressing the Planning Commission.
Any person who violates this section shall be directed by the presiding officer to be orderly and silent. If a person addressing the Planning Commission refuses to become silent when so directed, such person may be deemed by the presiding officer to have committed a “breach of the peace” by disrupting and impeding the orderly conduct of the public meeting of the Planning Commission and may be ordered by the presiding officer to leave the meeting. If the person refuses to leave as directed, the presiding officer may take whatever actions are necessary to remove the person from the meeting. Call in number for Communication will be provided the night of the meeting.
- Minutes: August 12, 2020 Study Meeting, August 26, 2020 Regular Meeting and September 16, 2020 Study Meeting