Planning Commission November 10 Special Meeting Agenda (conducted via teleconference)
Due to the State of Emergency declared due to COVID-19, the Planning Commission Special Meeting will be conducted via teleconference. Residents can listen to the meeting live online on City Cable 15 and through the City's website at https://bit.ly/Cable15. Residents may also call in at (248) 796-4150 to make public comment at the November 10 Planning Commission Special Meeting.
CITY OF SOUTHFIELD
PLANNING COMMISSION SPECIAL MEETING
NOVEMBER 10, 2020
Teleconference Call and Viewed on Cityofsouthfield.com
Webex Number: 1-415-655-0001 Access Code: 1734904842
- PSP20-0009 is the Site Plan Review Request of ZA Design Build, on behalf of the owner, JQK Properties, to construct a new deck off the northeast corner of the existing building located at 29444 Northwestern Highway, Sidwell Parcel 2407-326-008, E 123 Ft Of W 244.5 Ft Of Lot 2 Supervisors Plat No. 2 1.29 Ac, on the north side of Northwestern Highway between Franklin Road and Rosemond Drive, Section 07, City of Southfield, Oakland County, State of Michigan.
- PZRODD20-0001 is the Rezoning Request of Contour Development, on behalf of the owner, City of Southfield, to amend the Northland Subarea Redevelopment Plan Overlay Development District to allow for a mixed-use development on the following parcels: 2436-476-023, 2436-476-028, 2436-476-035, 2436-476-040, 2436-476-044 thru -047, or +/- 78.12 acres, more or less, City of Southfield, Oakland County, State of Michigan.
- PZR20-0004 is a Rezoning Request of Zaid Arabo, ZA Design Build, on behalf of the Owner, Jason Najor, to rezoning .999 acres of land from RT Attached Single Family to P Vehicular Parking, Sidwell Parcel 2408-378-003, N 217.80 Ft Of Lots 6 & 7 of Supervisors Plat No. 5, on the east side of Dufty north of W Twelve Mile Road, Section 08, City of Southfield, Oakland County, State of Michigan.
- PSP20-0013 is the Site Plan Review Request of Zaid Arabo, ZA Design Build, on behalf of the Owner, Jason Najor, to construct a 2,100gsf addition to the existing building for storage, along with expansion of parking on the subject property located at 25228 W Twelve Mile Road on the northwest corner of W Twelve Mile Road and Dufty, Sidwell Parcel 2408-376-023, N 400.53 Ft Of S 427.53 Ft Of Lot 19 of Supervisor's Plat No 5, as well as, construction of a parking lot on vacant land located on Sidwell Parcel 2408-378-003, N 217.80 Ft Of Lots 6 & 7 of Supervisors Plat No. 5, on the east side of Dufty north of W Twelve Mile Road, Section 08, City of Southfield, Oakland County, State of Michigan.
- PSLU20-0011 is a Special Use Request of Southfield Industrial Park, on behalf of the owner, Telegraph Mobile Home Park, for the construction of a 125,876gsf storage facility with first-floor retail, a 6,528gsf stand-alone retail center, and a 2,048gsf fast food restaurant with drive-thru, property located at 21315 Telegraph Road, Sidwell Parcel 2432-400-031, and vacant land, Sidwell Parcel 2432-400-030, on the west side of Telegraph Road, between W Eight Mile Road and Hazelhurst, Section 32, City of Southfield, Oakland County, State of Michigan.
- Public Comment – A person addressing the Commission shall be limited to a period of three (3) minutes unless such period of time is extended by the presiding officer or by majority vote of the Commission.
Webex Call-In Number: 1-415-655-0001 Access Code: 173 013 0939
The following Rules of Procedure have been established for all speakers:
- No speaker may make personal or impertinent attacks upon any officer, employee, or Planning Commission member, that is unrelated to the manner in which the officer, employee, or Planning Commission member, performs his or her duties.
- No person shall use abusive or threatening language toward any individual when addressing the Planning Commission.
Any person who violates this section shall be directed by the presiding officer to be orderly and silent. If a person addressing the Planning Commission refuses to become silent when so directed, such person may be deemed by the presiding officer to have committed a “breach of the peace” by disrupting and impeding the orderly conduct of the public meeting of the Planning Commission and may be ordered by the presiding officer to leave the meeting. If the person refuses to leave as directed, the presiding officer may take whatever actions are necessary to remove the person from the meeting. Call in number for Communication will be provided the night of the meeting.
- Minutes: October 21, 2020 Study Meeting and October 28, 2020 Regular Meeting