Planning Commission March 22 Regular Meeting Agenda
CITY OF SOUTHFIELD
OF THE PLANNING COMMISSION
MARCH 22, 2023
26000 EVERGREEN ROAD, SOUTHFIELD, MI
A. Call to Order
Pledge of Allegiance
B. Approval of the Agenda
C. Announcements and Communications
D. Public Hearings
- PSLU23-0001 is a Special Use Request of Rocky Yaldo, Y Properties, on behalf of the owners, FX Southfield, MI, LLC and LAEL Investment LLC, to allow for the construction of a new gas station with convenience store on property located at 28830 Northwestern Highway and 28844 Northwestern Highway, Sidwell Parcels 2418-226-001 and 2418-226-036, on the southeast corner of Northwestern Highway and W Twelve Mile Road, Section 18, City of Southfield, Oakland County, State of Michigan.
- PZTA23-0001 is a Council-initiated Zoning Ordinance Text Amendment to amend Title V, Zoning and Planning, Chapter 45, Zoning, of the Code of the City of Southfield to the property located at 16025 Northland Drive to the Boundary District of the Northland Overlay Development District to Article 4 Section 5.22-3 Overlay Development District, and Amend Map 1: Northland Overlay Development District: District Plan Map to include the site, and any other amendments that may become necessary as needed for the above and the City of Southfield
E. Site Plans
- PSP22-0013 is a Site Plan Review Request of BMW Kar Wash LLC dba Jax Kar Wash, for the construction of a 1,148.4sf building addition to the existing car wash on property located at 30705 Southfield Road, Sidwell Parcel 2411-226-026, on the West side of Southfield Road between Webster and W Thirteen Mile Road, Section 11, City of Southfield, Oakland County, State of Michigan. Postponed From 2-22-23
- PSP23-0001 is a Site Plan Review Request of Rocky Yaldo, Y Properties, on behalf of the owners, FX Southfield, MI, LLC and LAEL Investment LLC, for the construction of a 5,445 sf gas station with convenience store on property located at 28830 Northwestern Highway and 28844 Northwestern Highway, Sidwell Parcels 2418-226-001 and 2418-226-036, on the southeast corner of Northwestern Highway and W Twelve Mile Road, Section 18, City of Southfield, Oakland County, State of Michigan.
- PSP23-0003 is a Site Plan Review Request of Moshe Goldberg, 24725 Greenfield LLC, to convert the existing building from general office use to medical office use, property located at 24725 Greenfield Road, Sidwell Parcel 2425-229-030, on the northwest corner of Greenfield and George Washington, Section 25, City of Southfield, Oakland County, State of Michigan.
F. Capital Improvement Program – Recommendation to Adoption
G. Approval of Minutes: February 8, 2023 Special Meeting
February 15, 2023 Long Range Meeting
February 22, 2023 Regular Meeting
H. Public Comment – A person addressing the Commission shall be limited to a period of three (3) minutes unless such period of time is extended by the presiding officer or by majority vote of the Commission.
The following Rules of Procedure have been established for all speakers:
- No speaker may make personal or impertinent attacks upon any officer, employee, or Planning Commission member, that is unrelated to the manner in which the officer, employee, or Planning Commission member, performs his or her duties.
- No person shall use abusive or threatening language toward any individual when addressing the Planning Commission.
Any person who violates this section shall be directed by the presiding officer to be orderly and silent. If a person addressing the Planning Commission refuses to become silent when so directed, such person may be deemed by the presiding officer to have committed a “breach of the peace” by disrupting and impeding the orderly conduct of the public meeting of the Planning Commission and may be ordered by the presiding officer to leave the meeting. If the person refuses to leave as directed, the presiding officer may take whatever actions are necessary to remove the person from the meeting. Call in number for Communication will be provided the night of the meeting.
I. Council Items Update
J. Miscellaneous: Next Planning Commission Study Meeting – April 12, 2023