Planning Commission July 28 Regular Meeting Agenda (conducted via teleconference)
Due to the State of Emergency declared due to COVID-19, the Planning Commission Meeting will be conducted via Webex teleconference. Residents can listen to the meeting live online on City Cable 15 and through the City's website at https://bit.ly/Cable15. Call in number for Public Hearings is 1-415-655-0001 Access Code 179 625 8198.
CITY OF SOUTHFIELD
JULY 28, 2021
WEBEX TELECONFERENCE CALL
26000 EVERGREEN ROAD, SOUTHFIELD, MI
A. Call to Order – Planning Commission
Pledge of Allegiance
B. Approval of the Agenda
C. Announcements and Communications
D. Public Hearings
- PSLU21-0004 is the Special Use Request of Fanar Salama to use an existing building for parking and general storage, and construct a fence on the property located at 23380 Telegraph Road, Sidwell Parcel 2428-351-038, Lot 32 & N 1/2 Of Lot 33 Supervisor's Plat Nine Mile-Telegraph Sub, on the east side of Telegraph Road between Nine and Ten Mile Roads, Section 28, City of Southfield, Oakland County, State of Michigan.
- PSV21-0001 is a Vacation Request by Armenian Apostolic Society to vacate the 40’ wide Cardiff Place right-of-way adjacent to and north of Lot 557 and 20’ wide public alley adjacent to and east of Lots 546 to 557 inclusive of Magnolia No. 1 Subdivision, City of Southfield, Oakland County, State of Michigan.
- PZTA21-0004 is a Council-initiated Zoning Ordinance Text Amendments to amend Title V, Zoning and Planning, Chapter 45, Zoning, of the Code of the City of Southfield by amending various Articles and Sections of the Zoning Ordinance to establish Architectural Standards for building materials; adding definitions, including but not limited to: Indoor Recreation Centers, Dark Store and Ghost Restaurants, Personal Services and Health/Fitness Clubs, Automobile and Truck Rental, Dog Kennels and Pet Daycare; amending Parking Standards for Open Concept Hair and Nail Salons, and Salon Suites; removing distance requires and amending wall requirements for certain restaurants; allowing Data Centers in I-L Light Industrial and I-1 Industrial zones; allowing Religious Facilities as Places of Assembly; allowing Medical and General Office uses as Permitted uses in I-1 Industrial zones; and other amendments that may become necessary as needed for the above and the City of Southfield.
H. Site Plans
I. Approval of Minutes: May 12, 2021 Study Meeting and May 26, 2021 Regular Meeting
J. Public Comment – A person addressing the Commission shall be limited to a period of three (3) minutes unless such period of time is extended by the presiding officer or by majority vote of the Commission.
Webex Call-In Number: 1-415-655-0001 Access Code: 179 625 8198
The following Rules of Procedure have been established for all speakers:
- No speaker may make personal or impertinent attacks upon any officer, employee, or Planning Commission member, that is unrelated to the manner in which the officer, employee, or Planning Commission member, performs his or her duties.
- No person shall use abusive or threatening language toward any individual when addressing the Planning Commission.
Any person who violates this section shall be directed by the presiding officer to be orderly and silent. If a person addressing the Planning Commission refuses to become silent when so directed, such person may be deemed by the presiding officer to have committed a “breach of the peace” by disrupting and impeding the orderly conduct of the public meeting of the Planning Commission and may be ordered by the presiding officer to leave the meeting. If the person refuses to leave as directed, the presiding officer may take whatever actions are necessary to remove the person from the meeting. Call in number for Communication will be provided the night of the meeting.