Planning Commission December 16 Regular Meeting Agenda (conducted via teleconference)
Due to the State of Emergency declared due to COVID-19, the Planning Commission Special Meeting will be conducted via teleconference. Residents can listen to the meeting live online on City Cable 15 and through the City's website at https://bit.ly/Cable15. Residents may also call in at (248) 796-4150 to make public comment at the December 16 Planning Commission Regular Meeting.
CITY OF SOUTHFIELD
OF THE PLANNING COMMISSION
DECEMBER 16, 2020
WEBEX TELECONFERENCE CALL
Call in number for Public Hearings is 1-415-655-0001 Access Code 179 592 1364
A. Call to Order
Pledge of Allegiance
B. Approval of the Agenda
C. Announcements and Communications
D. Public Hearings
- PZR20-0004 is a Rezoning Request of Zaid Arabo, ZA Design Build, on behalf of the Owner, Jason Najor, to rezoning .999 acres of land from RT Attached Single Family to P Vehicular Parking, Sidwell Parcel 2408-378-003, N 217.80 Ft Of Lots 6 & 7 of Supervisors Plat No. 5, on the east side of Dufty north of W Twelve Mile Road, Section 08, City of Southfield, Oakland County, State of Michigan.
- PSLU20-0011 is a Special Use Request of Southfield Industrial Park, on behalf of the owner, Telegraph Mobile Home Park, for the construction of a 125,876gsf storage facility with first-floor retail, a 6,528gsf stand-alone retail center, and a 2,048gsf fast food restaurant with drive-thru, property located at 21315 Telegraph Road, Sidwell Parcel 2432-400-031, and vacant land, Sidwell Parcel 2432-400-030, on the west side of Telegraph Road, between W Eight Mile Road and Hazelhurst, Section 32, City of Southfield, Oakland County, State of Michigan.
- PZR20-0005 is a Rezoning Request of Arie Leibovitz, 29355 Northwestern Hwy LLC, to rezoning 5.094 acres of land from R-2 Single Family Residential and P Vehicular Parking to B-3 General Business, Sidwell Parcel 2407-351-117, Supervisor's Plat No 2 Part Of Lots 16 & 17, Also Of 'Supervisor's Plat No 25 Of Buckland Estates', Part Of Lots 18 & 19 All Desc As Beg At Pt Dist S 38-58-44 W 176.12 Ft From Ne Cor Of Sd Lot 16, Th S 38-58-44 W 396.65 Ft, Th S 00-01-37 W 136.07 Ft, Th S 89-58-26 W 239.35 Ft, Th N 00-01-37 E 635 Ft, Th N 89-58-26 E 192.51 Ft, Th N 39-01-34 E 214.78 Ft, Th S 50-56-00 E 206.70 Ft, Th S 46-28-15 W 57.61 Ft, Th S 39-11-00 W 118.32 Ft, Th S 50-40-49 E 151.12 Ft To Beg Split/Combined On 01/10/2020 From 76-24-07-351-10, on the south side of Northwestern Highway between Inkster and W Twelve Mile Road, Section 07, City of Southfield, Oakland County, State of Michigan.
E. Site Plans
- PSP20-0013 is the Site Plan Review Request of Zaid Arabo, ZA Design Build, on behalf of the Owner, Jason Najor, to construct a 2,100gsf addition to the existing building for storage, along with expansion of parking on the subject property located at 25228 W Twelve Mile Road on the northwest corner of W Twelve Mile Road and Dufty, Sidwell Parcel 2408-376-023, N 400.53 Ft Of S 427.53 Ft Of Lot 19 of Supervisor's Plat No 5, as well as, construction of a parking lot on vacant land located on Sidwell Parcel 2408-378-003, N 217.80 Ft Of Lots 6 & 7 of Supervisors Plat No. 5, on the east side of Dufty north of W Twelve Mile Road, Section 08, City of Southfield, Oakland County, State of Michigan.
F. Approval of Minutes: November 4, 2020 Study Meeting, November 10, 2020 Special Meeting and November 18, 2020 Regular Meeting
G. Public Comment – A person addressing the Commission shall be limited to a period of three (3) minutes unless such period of time is extended by the presiding officer or by majority vote of the Commission. Call in number for Communication is 1-415-655-0001 Access Code 179 592 1364
The following Rules of Procedure have been established for all speakers:
- No speaker may make personal or impertinent attacks upon any officer, employee, or Planning Commission member, that is unrelated to the manner in which the officer, employee, or Planning Commission member, performs his or her duties.
- No person shall use abusive or threatening language toward any individual when addressing the Planning Commission.
- Any person who violates this section shall be directed by the presiding officer to be orderly and silent. If a person addressing the Planning Commission refuses to become silent when so directed, such person may be deemed by the presiding officer to have committed a “breach of the peace” by disrupting and impeding the orderly conduct of the public meeting of the Planning Commission and may be ordered by the presiding officer to leave the meeting. If the person refuses to leave as directed, the presiding officer may take whatever actions are necessary to remove the person from the meeting.