Planning Commission April 28 Regular Meeting Agenda (conducted via teleconference)
Due to the State of Emergency declared due to COVID-19, the Planning Commission Regular Meeting will be conducted via teleconference. Residents can listen to the meeting live online on City Cable 15 and through the City's website at https://bit.ly/Cable15.
Call in number for Public Hearings is 1-415-655-0001 Access Code 129 907 2455
CITY OF SOUTHFIELD
OF THE PLANNING COMMISSION
APRIL 28, 2021
WEBEX TELECONFERENCE CALL
26000 EVERGREEN ROAD, SOUTHFIELD, MI
A. Call to Order
Pledge of Allegiance
B. Approval of the Agenda
C. Announcements and Communications
D. Public Hearings
- PZRODD21-0001 is a Rezoning Request with Overlay Development District Development Agreement of Peter Stuhlreyer, representing Designhaus and the owner, Arbor Investment Group, to amend the existing Overlay Development Agreement for the property located at 20300 Civic Center Drive, Sidwell Parcels 2422-276-019, -020 & -021, on the northwest corner of Civic Center Drive and Central Park Blvd, section 22, City of Southfield, Oakland County, State of Michigan. (See rendering below.)
- PZRRUDD19-0001 is a Rezoning Request to create a Residential Unit Development District by SF Community Renewal Corporation, to rezone 4.128 acres of land from R-4, Single Family to Residential Unit Development District (RUDD), property located at 18330 George Washington, between Southfield Road and Continental, Sidwell Parcel 2426-226-004, Alternate Plat of J Lee Bakers Wash Hts Sub Lots 210 & 211 Also Lots 213, 214 & 215 Also That Part Of Lot 212 & 278 & Vacated Chester Blvd Lying W Of Line Desc As Beg 2 Ft Wof Pt Of Tangency Of Lot 278& In N Line Of George Washington Dr, Th N 00-52-50w To Pt Dist W 14 Ft From Ptof Tangency Of Lot 212 & S Lne Of Addison Dr, City of Southfield, Oakland County, State of Michigan. (See rendering below.)
PZTA21-0003 is a Council-initiated Zoning Ordinance Text Amendment to amend Title V, Zoning and Planning, Chapter 45, Zoning, of the Code of the City of Southfield by amending Article 2 Definitions Section 5.8 Definitions (N-S) and Article 4, Section 5.23 Nonconforming Uses and Nonconforming Lots; amending Article 4 Section 5.22-4 Sign and Commercial Building Lighting, adding a New Section 5.22-4-1 Exterior Lighting and Glare, and revising Article 4 Section 5.31 (15) to sufficiently illuminate areas for security and safety, and other amendments that may become necessary as needed for the City of Southfield.
This text amendment specifically addresses modifying the definition of “Nonconforming Use” in Article 2, and amending Article 4 Section 5.23 to clarify Non-conforming uses; amending Article 4 Section 5.22-4 Sign and Commercial Building Lighting to add “Commercial Building” to the Section title, adding a New Section 5.22-4-1 Exterior Lighting and Glare to provide standards and protections for adjacent properties from glare, and revising Article 4 Section 5.31 (15) to sufficiently illuminate areas for security and safety, and other amendments that may become necessary as needed for the City of Southfield.
E. Site Plans
- PSP21-0005 is the Site Plan Review Request of Nick Freund, Freund & Associates, on behalf of the owner, Truck-Lite Co.,LLC, for approval the increased square footage of the existing building (totaling 49,017 sq. ft.) and required land-banked parking spaces on the property located at 20600 Civic Center Drive on the northeast corner of Drive and Northwestern Hwy, Sidwell Parcel 2422-201-026, Section 22, City of Southfield, Oakland County, State of Michigan.
- PSP21-0006 is the Site Plan Review Request of Epicentre LLC to construct a 100,000gsf multipurpose athletic facility dome east of the existing building on property located at 18000 W Nine Mile Road on the northeast corner of W Nine Mile Road and Northwestern Hwy, Sidwell Parcel 2425-352-006, Section 25, City of Southfield, Oakland County, State of Michigan.
F. Approval of Minutes: March 3, 2021 Study Meeting
March 10, 2021 Study Meeting
March 24, 2021 Regular Meeting
G. Public Comment – A person addressing the Commission shall be limited to a period of three (3) minutes unless such period of time is extended by the presiding officer or by majority vote of the Commission.
Webex Call-In Number: 1-415-655-0001 Access Code: 129 907 2455
The following Rules of Procedure have been established for all speakers:
- No speaker may make personal or impertinent attacks upon any officer, employee, or Planning Commission member, that is unrelated to the manner in which the officer, employee, or Planning Commission member, performs his or her duties.
- No person shall use abusive or threatening language toward any individual when addressing the Planning Commission.
Any person who violates this section shall be directed by the presiding officer to be orderly and silent. If a person addressing the Planning Commission refuses to become silent when so directed, such person may be deemed by the presiding officer to have committed a “breach of the peace” by disrupting and impeding the orderly conduct of the public meeting of the Planning Commission and may be ordered by the presiding officer to leave the meeting. If the person refuses to leave as directed, the presiding officer may take whatever actions are necessary to remove the person from the meeting. Call in number for Communication will be provided the night of the meeting.