Planning Commission and Historic Designation Advisory Board May 26 Joint Meeting Agenda (conducted via teleconference)
Due to the State of Emergency declared due to COVID-19, the Planning Commission Joint Regular Meeting will be conducted via teleconference. Residents can listen to the meeting live online on City Cable 15 and through the City's website at https://bit.ly/Cable15.
CITY OF SOUTHFIELD
PLANNING COMMISSION JOINT REGULAR MEETING
AND HISTORIC DESIGNATION ADVISORY BOARD
MAY 26, 2021
Teleconference Call and Viewed on Cityofsouthfield.com
Webex Number: 1-415-655-0001 Access Code: 173 323 4247
A. Call to Order – Planning Commission
Pledge of Allegiance
B. Approval of the Agenda
C. Announcements and Communications
D. Call to Order – Historic Designation Advisory Board
E. Public Hearings by the Historic Designation Advisory Board
1. PHDD20-0001 is a Historic District Designation Request by the owner Kenson Siver to enact Historic District Designation on the property located at 18405 Melrose Avenue, Sidwell Parcel 2435-433-006, on the southwest corner of Melrose Avenue and Hollywood Street, Section 35, City of Southfield, Oakland County, State of Michigan.
2. PHDD20-0003 is a Historic District Designation Request by the owner Sheila Booker to enact Historic District Designation on the property located at 17077 Westland Avenue, Sidwell Parcel 2436-377-023, on the southeast corner of Westland Avenue and Westhampton Road, Section 36, City of Southfield, Oakland County, State of Michigan.
F. Adjourn – Historic Designation Advisory Board
G. Public Hearings by Planning Commission
- PZR21-0004 is a Rezoning Request of Cellco Partnership d/b/a Verizon Wireless, to rezone 7.13 acres of land from OS Office Service and P Vehicular Parking to ERO Education Research-Office (+/-6.21 acres) and P Vehicular Parking (+/-.92 acres) on property located at 24242 Northwestern Highway, Sidwell Parcel 2426-177-018 on the north side of Northwestern Highway between Mount Vernon and Lee Baker, Section 26, City of Southfield, Oakland County, State of Michigan. (See rendering below.)
- PSLU21-0005 is a Special Use Request of The Luxe Ballroom, on behalf of the owner Solo Company, LLC to allow for an event center as a place of assembly located at 23835 Greenfield Road, Sidwell Parcel 2425-401-018, on the southwest corner of Greenfield Road and Mt Vernon Street, Section 25, City of Southfield, Oakland County, State of Michigan.
H. Site Plans
- PSP21-0007 is the Site Plan Review Request of Cellco Partnership d/b/a Verizon Wireless, for the demolition of a portion of the existing building and construction of a new 43,951gsf building addition for administration, plus computer and electrical equipment necessary to support the mobile network, on property located at 24242 Northwestern Highway, Sidwell Parcel 2426-177-01,8 on the north side of Northwestern Highway between Mount Vernon and Lee Baker, Section 26, City of Southfield, Oakland County, State of Michigan.
I. Approval of Minutes: April 14, 2021 Study Meeting
April 28, 2021 Regular Meeting
J. Public Comment – A person addressing the Commission shall be limited to a period of three (3) minutes unless such period of time is extended by the presiding officer or by majority vote of the Commission.
Webex Call-In Number: 1-415-655-0001 Access Code: 173 323 4247
The following Rules of Procedure have been established for all speakers:
- No speaker may make personal or impertinent attacks upon any officer, employee, or Planning Commission member, that is unrelated to the manner in which the officer, employee, or Planning Commission member, performs his or her duties.
- No person shall use abusive or threatening language toward any individual when addressing the Planning Commission.
Any person who violates this section shall be directed by the presiding officer to be orderly and silent. If a person addressing the Planning Commission refuses to become silent when so directed, such person may be deemed by the presiding officer to have committed a “breach of the peace” by disrupting and impeding the orderly conduct of the public meeting of the Planning Commission and may be ordered by the presiding officer to leave the meeting. If the person refuses to leave as directed, the presiding officer may take whatever actions are necessary to remove the person from the meeting. Call in number for Communication will be provided the night of the meeting.