Historic Designation Advisory Board and Planning Commission April 27 Joint Meeting Agenda
JOINT REGULAR MEETING
OF THE SOUTHFIELD HISTORIC DESIGNATION ADVISORY BOARD
AND THE SOUTHFIELD PLANNING COMMISSION
APRIL 27, 2022
26000 EVERGREEN ROAD
A. Call to Order – Southfield Historic Designation Advisory Board
B. Public Hearings by the Historic Designation Advisory Board
1. PHDD22-0001 is a Historic District Designation Request of Kenson Siver to enact Historic District Designation on the property located at 18330 George Washington, Sidwell Parcel 2426-226-004, on the north side of George Washington between Addison and Southfield Road, Section 26, City of Southfield, Oakland County, State of Michigan.
C. Adjourn – Historic Designation Advisory Board
D. Call to Order – Southfield Planning Commission
Pledge of Allegiance
E. Approval of the Agenda
F. Announcements and Communications
G. Public Hearings
1. PSLU21-0011 is the Special Use Request of Designhaus, on behalf of the Owner Finatech LLC, to allow for a 2,846gsf gasoline filling station with convenience store, property located at 28681 Northwestern Highway, Sidwell Parcel 2418-276-054 on the southeast corner of Northwestern Highway and Franklin Road, Section 18, City of Southfield, Oakland County, State of Michigan.
2. PZTA22-0001 is a Council-initiated Zoning Ordinance Text Amendment to amend Title V, Zoning and Planning, Chapter 45, Zoning, of the Code of the City of Southfield by amending Section 5.22-3 Overlay Development District (ODD) of the Zoning Ordinance to Expand the Northwestern Highway Corridor District consistent with the Future Land Use Map in the City of Southfield for properties eligible for ODD, and any other amendments that may become necessary as needed for the above and the City of Southfield.
H. Site Plans
1. PSP21-0012 is a Site Plan Review Request of Designhaus, on behalf of the Owner Finatech LLC, to allow for the construction of a 2,846gsf gasoline filling station with convenience store along with other site amenities, property located at 28681 Northwestern Highway, Sidwell Parcel 2418-276-054 on the southeast corner of Northwestern Highway and Franklin Road, Section 18, City of Southfield, Oakland County, State of Michigan.
2. PSP21-0013 is the Site Plan Review Request of Halo Architects, Inc, for interior and exterior modifications to convert the existing Star Theater to a religious institution for Triumph Church, property located at 25333 W Twelve Mile Road, Sidwell Parcel 2417-126-050, on the south side of W Twelve Mile Road between Case and Lockdale, Supervisor's Plat No 5 Part Of Lots 20 To 25 Incl, Also Of Supervisor's Plat No 6 Part Of Lots 31 To 34 Incl, Section 17, City of Southfield, Oakland County, State of Michigan.
I. Approval of Minutes: March 2, 2022 Study Meeting
March 9, 2022 Study Meeting
March 16, 2022 Long Range and Regular Meeting
March 23, 2022 Regular Meeting
March 30, 2022 Regular Meeting
J. Public Comment – A person addressing the Commission shall be limited to a period of three (3) minutes unless such period of time is extended by the presiding officer or by majority vote of the Commission.
The following Rules of Procedure have been established for all speakers:
- No speaker may make personal or impertinent attacks upon any officer, employee, or Planning Commission member, that is unrelated to the manner in which the officer, employee, or Planning Commission member, performs his or her duties.
- No person shall use abusive or threatening language toward any individual when addressing the Planning Commission.
Any person who violates this section shall be directed by the presiding officer to be orderly and silent. If a person addressing the Planning Commission refuses to become silent when so directed, such person may be deemed by the presiding officer to have committed a “breach of the peace” by disrupting and impeding the orderly conduct of the public meeting of the Planning Commission and may be ordered by the presiding officer to leave the meeting. If the person refuses to leave as directed, the presiding officer may take whatever actions are necessary to remove the person from the meeting. Call in number for Communication will be provided the night of the meeting.
K. Miscellaneous: Next Planning Commission Study Meeting – May 4, 2022