Department of Public Works facility to undergo renovations to improve and modernize building
Staff temporarily relocated to City Hall while most to work remotely during building renovations
Beginning on Monday, May 15, the Public Works facility located at 25501 Clara Lane will begin renovations that are expected to take approximately six months to complete. Some Public Works Administration & Water Billing Department staff will be temporarily relocated to City Hall with the majority working remotely while the renovations take place.
The Summit Company of Livonia, Michigan will perform the renovation of the facility upon the recommendation of OHM Advisors and the need for improved work environments. OHM Advisors’ estimate of probable construction costs is $1.4 million which includes the following scope of work:
- Demolition of existing interior finishes, partitions, and building systems in areas to be renovated;
- Construction of new interior spaces, mechanical, plumbing, electrical, fire suppression and building technology upgrades;
- Exterior windows and new main entrance cladding;
- Hazardous Material abatement; and
- Addition of perimeter wall insulation and replacement door frames at several locations.
For any water billing questions, please call the Water Department at (248) 796-4850. For any Public Works issues, please call (248) 796-4860.