City of Southfield Cooling Center open in Southfield Pavilion August 3
August 2, 2022
The City of Southfield will open a cooling center in the Southfield Pavilion on Wednesday, August 3 from 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. due to the anticipated heat index expected to climb past 100°. Please refer to the following guidelines for additional information.
DATE / HOURS OF OPERATION: Wednesday, August 3 from 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
LOCATION: Southfield Pavilion located adjacent to the Parks & Recreation Building at the Southfield Municipal Campus, 26000 Evergreen Road
COOLING CENTER GUIDELINES
- Guests are responsible for their own valuables. The Center will be open on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Respect people, personal property and privacy. No weapons, alcohol, illegal drugs, matches, or tobacco use allowed.
- No photographs may be taken in the center.
- Prescription and over-the-counter drugs in original containers only.
- Service animals permitted; however, they must remain with owner at all times.
- Children must always be supervised.
- Keep items off the floor to prevent trips and falls and for wheelchair accessibility.
- City of Southfield is not liable for any loss or damage to personal vehicles or property.
- Appropriate dress, including shirts and shoes, is required at all times.
- Tables and chairs will be available. The Center is not set up to accommodate overnight shelter or serve meals. Electrical outlets/charging station and public restrooms are available.
- Wash hands frequently, especially after using the restrooms and before handling food.
- Vending machines are available onsite. Coffee, water and granola bars may be provided.
- There are no medical services provided at the Center.
- Management reserves the right to remove individuals from the Center for non-compliance of conduct rules.
- Emergency Management will need to be notified prior to the opening & closing of a W/C Center as well as updated every 2 hours of the occupancy of the W/C Center so proper updating can be provided to County & State partners.
- Police Department will be notified of the opening & closing of a W/C Center. Request should be made, via dispatch, for a walk through from time-to-time by a uniformed officer during operational hours of the Center.
- Fire Department will be notified when W/C Center is being opened/closed as well as exact location, via dispatch, ahead of any potential medical emergency at the Center.