City crews behind schedule due to excessive downed branches and brush citywide
Due to an excessive amount of downed trees and branches from recent storms, city crews are currently running over a month behind schedule in collecting debris citywide. Please be patient and leave brush and branches at the curb as chipping crews continue to work throughout the city. Branches placed at the curb will be removed by workers with woodchippers; however, depending upon the amount of branches, it may take longer than the designated trash collection day to dispose of them.
Branches and brush must adhere to all the following requirements:
- No limbs over 8" in diameter;
- Branches shorter than 4' must be tied in bundles less than 60lbs per bundle, or in compost containers or bags;
- Vines must be bundled or in compost bags;
- No logs, roots or stumps;
- No complete shrub with roots attached;
- No dirt or rocks;
- All branches must be stacked at the curb with the cut ends facing the street; and
- Branches less than 2” in diameter must be bagged or bundled.
Yard waste includes leaves, grass clippings, branches, brush and other organic material only. Other yard waste must be placed in approved paper yard waste bags or in a rigid container clearly marked ‘Yard Waste.’ Yard waste in plastic bags will not be accepted. Yard waste will be collected on residents’ regular garbage collection day through December 8, 2023.