City Council September 8 Regular Meeting Agenda (conducted via teleconference)
Due to the State of Emergency declared due to COVID-19, the council meeting will be conducted via teleconference. Residents can listen to the council meeting live on City Cable 15 and through the City's website at https://bit.ly/Cable15. Residents may also call in at +1-415-655-0001 US Toll (Event number (access code): 129 759 1586) to make public comment at the September 8 City Council Meeting. To participate at the time of Public Comment, please raise your hand by pressing *3. Once called upon press *3 again to lower your hand.
City of Southfield
Regular Meeting Committee of the Whole
Agenda of the City Council
September 8, 2020 at 6:00 pm via Webex
26000 Evergreen Road
Southfield, Michigan 48076
For Public Comment, please call and push *3 to be recognized
Public Comment +1-415-655-0001
US Toll Access Code 173 181 6803
THE FOLLOWING ITEMS WILL BE DISCUSSED:
- Municipal Facilities Needs Assessment
- Receipt of Bids for Rifle Ammunition for the Police Department
- Receipt of Bids for 9mm Ammunition for the Police Department
- Approval of Cost Participation Agreement with Village of Beverly Hills for Resurfacing of 13 Mile Road from Evergreen Road to Southfield Road (Job No. 1723SFLD) (MDOT Job No. 205951CON; Contract No. 20-5104)
- Discussion on 4th Amendment to Consent Judgement re: Boron Oil Company, located at 26450 Lahser Road
- Presentation and Discussion Regarding Extension of PZRODD16-0001 Arbor Townhouses – 20300 Civic Center Drive
- Presentation and Discussion Regarding Special Use and Site Plan Review Request for Great Lakes Water Authority located at 20920 East Street (PSLU20-0010 & PSP20-0008)
- Authorization for Payment to Wade Trim
- Authorization to Provide SCADA Lift Station Maintenance Services
- Lease of Code House
- Court Kitchen Renovation
The Southfield City Council has established the following Rules of Procedure for all speakers:
- No speaker may make personal or impertinent attacks upon any officer, employee, or City Council member or other Elected Official, that is unrelated to the manner in which the officer, employee, or City Council member or other Elected Official, performs his or her duties.
- No person shall use abusive or threatening language toward any individual when addressing the City Council.
Any person who violates this section shall be directed by the presiding officer to be orderly and silent. If a person addressing the Council refuses to become silent when so directed, such person may be deemed by the presiding officer to have committed a “breach of the peace” by disrupting and impeding the orderly conduct of the public meeting of the City Council and may be ordered by the presiding officer to leave the meeting. If the person refuses to leave as directed, the presiding officer may direct any law enforcement officer who is present to escort the violator from the meeting. For Communications The phone number to call in is 415-655-0001, event number / access code is 173 181 6803, push *3 to be recognized.
- Discussion for strategy and negotiation sessions connected with the negotiation of a collective bargaining agreement in a closed session as requested by one of the negotiating parties MCL 15.268(c)
- Discussion of Material Exempt from Discussion or Disclosure by State or Federal statue. MCL 15.268(h); MCL 15.243(1)(g)
AND ANY OTHER ITEMS DEEMED NECESSARY
Sherikia L. Hawkins, MMC
Individuals with special needs who plan to attend this meeting should contact the City Clerk’s Office at 248-796-5150 (voice) or 711 (TDD). If auxiliary aids or services are needed, reasonable advance notice is required.