City Council September 27 Regular Meting Agenda (conducted via teleconference)
Due to the State of Emergency declared due to COVID-19, the council meeting will be conducted via teleconference. Residents can listen to the council meeting live on City Cable 15 and through the City's website at https://bit.ly/Cable15. Residents may also call in at +1-415-655-0001 US Toll (Event number (access code): 179 260 7570) to make public comment at the September 27 Regular City Council Meeting. To participate at the time of Public Comment, please raise your hand by pressing *3. Once called upon press *3 again to lower your hand.
City of Southfield
Agenda of the City Council
September 27, 2021 at 6:00 pm via WebEx
26000 Evergreen Road
Southfield, Michigan 48076
For Public Comment Please Call and push *3 to be recognized
Public Comment +1-415-655-0001
US Toll Access Code: 179 260 7570
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
- Committee-of-the-Whole Meeting Minutes of September 13, 2021
PUBLIC HEARINGS AND SITE PLANS
- PSLU21-0004, Special Use Request of Fanar Salama to use an existing building for parking and general storage, and to construct a fence for vehicle storage on the property located at 23380 Telegraph Road, Sidwell Parcel 2428-351-038, Lot 32 & N 1/2 Of Lot 33 Supervisor's Plat Nine Mile-Telegraph Sub, on the east side of Telegraph Road between Nine and Ten Mile Roads, Section 28, City of Southfield, Oakland County, State of Michigan.
- PZRODD21-0002, Rezoning Request with Overlay Development District Development Agreement of Mr. Hassan Jawad, representing Middlepointe Investment Group, LLC, to rezone 8.18 acres of land to an Overlay Development District for the construction of a mixed use development with retail, office and multiple family units in multiple phases on property located at 26111 Evergreen Road, Sidwell Parcels 2422-277-003, -004 & -005, on the northwest corner of Civic Center Drive and Evergreen Road, Section 22, City of Southfield, Oakland County, State of Michigan.
Introduce Ordinance No. 1744
- PZTA21-0004B, Council-initiated Zoning Ordinance Text Amendment to amend Title V, Zoning and Planning, Chapter 45, Zoning, of the Code of the City of Southfield by amending various Articles and Sections of the Zoning Ordinance to add definitions, including but not limited to: Indoor Recreation Centers, Personal Services and Health/Fitness Clubs, Dog Kennels and Pet Daycare, and Open Concept Salons and Salon Suites; amending Parking Standards for Lighting, and Open Concept Hair and Nail Salons, and Salon Suites; providing Standards for Exterior Lighting and Glare; allowing Religious Facilities as Places of Assembly, Indoor Recreation Centers, Personal Services and Health/Fitness Clubs, Dog Kennels and Pet Daycare, Open Concept Hair and Nail Salons, and Salon Suites, as either Permitted or Special Uses within various Zoning Districts, and other amendments that may become necessary as needed for the above and the City of Southfield.
Introduce Ordinance No. 1745
AGENDA ITEMS FOR DISCUSSION AND OR ACTION
- Authorization to Enter into an Interlocal Agreement for Information Technology Services with Oakland County
- Facility Maintenance Budget Amendment Request
- Resolution Seeking the Establishment of a Regional Urban Deer Management Plan for Oakland County
- City Council Expenditure Policy
- Approval of Cost Increase for Greentrees South Water Main Improvement Project (Job No. 2063SFLD)
The Southfield City Council has established the following Rules of Procedure for all speakers:
- No speaker may make personal or impertinent attacks upon any officer, employee, or City Council member or other Elected Official, that is unrelated to the manner in which the officer, employee, or City Council member or other Elected Official, performs his or her duties.
- No person shall use abusive or threatening language toward any individual when addressing the City Council.
Any person who violates this section shall be directed by the presiding officer to be orderly and silent. If a person addressing the Council refuses to become silent when so directed, such person may be deemed by the presiding officer to have committed a “breach of the peace” by disrupting and impeding the orderly conduct of the public meeting of the City Council and may be ordered by the presiding officer to leave the meeting. If the person refuses to leave as directed, the presiding officer may direct any law enforcement officer who is present to escort the violator from the meeting. Call in number for Communication is Public Comment +1-415-655-0001 US Toll Access Code 179 260 7570.
CLERK, TREASURER, PLANNER, ASSESSOR, ENGINEER
- Discussion of Material Exempt from Discussion or Disclosure by State or Federal Statute-Section 8(h) of the Open Meetings Act & Section 13(1)(z) of the Michigan Freedom of Information Act
Individuals with special need for this meeting should contact the City Clerk’s Office at 248-796-5150 (voice) or 711 (TDD). If auxiliary aids or services are needed, reasonable advance notice is required.