City Council September 20 Regular Meeting Agenda (conducted via teleconference)
Due to the State of Emergency declared due to COVID-19, the council meeting will be conducted via teleconference. Residents can listen to the council meeting live on City Cable 15 and through the City's website at https://bit.ly/Cable15. Residents may also call in at +1-415-655-0001 US Toll (Event number (access code): 179 315 7085) to make public comment at the September 20 Regular City Council Meeting. To participate at the time of Public Comment, please raise your hand by pressing *3. Once called upon press *3 again to lower your hand.
City of Southfield
Agenda of the City Council
September 20, 2021 at 6:00 p.m. via WebEx
26000 Evergreen Road
Southfield, Michigan 48076
For Public Comment Please Call and push *3 to be recognized
Public Comment +1-415-655-0001
US Toll Access Code 179 315 7085
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
Presentation of Joint Mayor and City Council Resolution – International Day of Peace
- Committee-of-the-Whole Meeting of August 9, 2021
- Regular Meeting Minutes of August 16, 2021
- Regular Meeting Minutes of August 23, 2021
- Authorization for Auto Body Repair Services for the Motor Pool
- Authorization to Purchase Livescan Fingerprinting and Mugshot Equipment for CLEMIS
- Authorization for Parks and Recreation Department to Payoff LIRF Loan for the Carpenter Lake Nature Preserve
- Acceptance of the Beech Woods Park Master Plan
- Consulting Services for the Parks and Recreation Master Plan
- Brownfield Plan Reimbursement Consulting Services – Northland City Center LLC Development
- Authorization to Purchase a Mini Skid Steer for Forestry Division
- Authorization to renew Grant Agreement between the State of Michigan, Michigan Indigent Defense Commission, Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs and the City of Southfield.
- Authorization to Purchase Replacement Fitness Equipment for the Police Department
- Enact Ordinance No. 1743, Zoning Ordinance Text Amendment (PZTA21-0004A)
The Southfield City Council has established the following Rules of Procedure for all speakers:
- No speaker may make personal or impertinent attacks upon any officer, employee, or City Council member or other Elected Official, that is unrelated to the manner in which the officer, employee, or City Council member or other Elected Official, performs his or her duties.
- No person shall use abusive or threatening language toward any individual when addressing the City Council.
Any person who violates this section shall be directed by the presiding officer to be orderly and silent. If a person addressing the Council refuses to become silent when so directed, such person may be deemed by the presiding officer to have committed a “breach of the peace” by disrupting and impeding the orderly conduct of the public meeting of the City Council and may be ordered by the presiding officer to leave the meeting. If the person refuses to leave as directed, the presiding officer may direct any law enforcement officer who is present to escort the violator from the meeting. Call in number for Communication is Public Comment +1-415-655-0001 US Toll Access Code 179 315 7085.
- Christine Kinal v. City of Southfield
CLERK, TREASURER, PLANNER, ASSESSOR, ENGINEER
Individuals with special need for this meeting should contact the City Clerk’s Office at 248-796-5150 (voice) or 711 (TDD). If auxiliary aids or services are needed, reasonable advance notice is required.