City Council September 19 Regular (Hybrid) Meeting Agenda
City of Southfield
Regular (Hybrid) Meeting Agenda of the City Council
September 19, 2022 at 6:00 p.m.
Donald F. Fracassi Municipal Campus
26000 Evergreen Road
Southfield, Michigan 48076
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
The Southfield City Council has established the following Rules of Procedure for all speakers:
- No speaker may make personal or impertinent attacks upon any officer, employee, or City Council member or other Elected Official, that is unrelated to the manner in which the officer, employee, or City Council member or other Elected Official, performs his or her duties.
- No person shall use abusive or threatening language toward any individual when addressing the City Council.
Any person who violates this section shall be directed by the presiding officer to be orderly and silent. If a person addressing the Council refuses to become silent when so directed, such person may be deemed by the presiding officer to have committed a “breach of the peace” by disrupting and impeding the orderly conduct of the public meeting of the City Council and may be ordered by the presiding officer to leave the meeting. If the person refuses to leave as directed, the presiding officer may direct any law enforcement officer who is present to escort the violator from the meeting.
- Reappointment to City Centre Advisory Board – Josh Suardini
- Reappointment to City Centre Advisory Board – Kimberly Peterson
- Regular Meeting Minutes of August 15, 2022
- Authorization to renew Grant Agreement between the State of Michigan, Michigan Indigent Defense Commission, Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs and the City of Southfield
- Agreement with the Road Commission for Oakland County for Winter Road Maintenance, 2022-2023
- Authorization to Apply for Urban and Community Forestry Program Grant
PUBLIC HEARINGS AND SITE PLANS
- PZRODD22-0001, Rezoning Request to amend the current MiddlePointe ODD Master Development Plan and Agreement, and approve the Phase 1 site plan of Mr. Hassan Jawad, representing Middlepointe Investment Group, LLC, for the 8.18 acre parcel with underlying RC Regional Center and to allow for the development of a mixed-use development for retail, office and multiple-family units and other on-site amenities.
Introduce Ordinance No. 1758
- PZRODD22-0002, Rezoning Request of Friedman Real Estate Group, to rezone the property located at 27400 Northwestern Highway, Sidwell Parcels 2416-302-031, on the north side the Northwestern Highway Service Drive between Bell Road and Telegraph Road, Section 16, City of Southfield, Oakland County, State of Michigan to ODD Overlay Development District with underlying B-3 General Business, P Vehicular Parking and R-1 Single Family Residential, along with the accompanying Phase 1 site plan, and create a Master Development Plan and Agreement to allow for the conversion of the existing site for mixed use.
Introduce Ordinance No. 1759
- PZRODD22-0004, Rezoning Request of Contour Development Company, to amend the existing ODD Agreement for the Northland Subarea Redevelopment Plan Overlay Development District to amend the existing ODD Agreement for the Northland Subarea Redevelopment Plan Overlay Development District to allow a Master Development Plan and mixed-use development, and allow for the construction of a 160,000gsf Costco Business Center in Phase 2-A, and changes to previously approved roadways and buildings adjacent to the Costco site to be part of Phase 1-G.
Introduce Ordinance No. 1760
- PZTA22-0003, Council-initiated Zoning Ordinance Text Amendment to amend Title V, Zoning and Planning, Chapter 45, Zoning, of the Code of the City of Southfield by amending Section 5.22-3 Overlay Development District (ODD) Table 1: Permitted Table of Uses of the Zoning Ordinance to allow for “EV Research, Testing, Repair and Maintenance Facilities” as a Permitted Use in the Southfield Technology Corridor District, and amending Section 5.22-3 (B.) (2.) Prohibited Uses allowing “EV Research, Testing, Repair and Maintenance Facilities” as a Permitted Use in the Southfield Technology Corridor District, any other amendments that may become necessary as needed for the above and the City of Southfield.
This text amendment specifically addresses allowing for Electric Vehicle Research, Testing, Repair and Maintenance Facilities in the Southfield Technology Corridor District as a Permitted Use, and other amendments that may become necessary as needed for the City of Southfield.
Introduce Ordinance No. 1761
- PZRODD22-0005, Rezoning Request of Tesla Inc., to rezone the property located at 21375 Telegraph Road, Sidwell Parcels 2432-400-028, on the west side of Telegraph Road between W Eight Mile Road and Hazelhurst, Section 32, City of Southfield, Oakland County, State of Michigan to ODD Overlay Development District with underlying I-1 Industrial, approve the site plan for the proposal, and create a Master Development Plan and Agreement to allow for the conversion of the existing site for Electric Vehicle Research, Testing, Repair and Maintenance.
Introduce Ordinance No. 1762
AGENDA ITEMS FOR DISCUSSION AND OR ACTION
- Authorization to Purchase 3 Life Support Units (Ambulances), 3 Stryker Power Stretchers and Power Lifting Systems, 2 LUCAS CPR Devices, and 3 Stair Chairs for the Southfield Fire Department (SFD)
- Authorization for Additional Repairs to Refurbish 2002 Sutphen 100-foot Aerial Tower Truck
- Authorization to Purchase New Structural Firefighting Turnout Gear
- Authorization to Purchase Engine Repair for Reserve Fire Engine 2 for the Fire Department
- Authorization to Retain OHM Advisor with Quinn Evans to Complete the Phase 1 Improvement Plan for the Municipal Campus Facility
CLERK, TREASURER, PLANNER, ASSESSOR, ENGINEER
- Discussion of the following Pending Litigation- pursuant to Section 8(e) of the Michigan Open Meetings Act, MCL 15.268 Closed sessions; permissible purposes.
- Jerilyn Nadine Gurley v. City of Southfield
Oakland County Circuit Court
Case No. 2019-178374-NI
- Denso International America, Inc v. City of Southfield
Michigan Tax Tribunal
Docket No. 22-001013
Individuals with special need for this meeting should contact the City Clerk’s Office at 248-796-5150 (voice) or 711 (TDD). If auxiliary aids or services are needed, reasonable advance notice is required.