City Council September 13 Regular Meeting Agenda (conducted via teleconference)
Due to the State of Emergency declared due to COVID-19, the council meeting will be conducted via teleconference. Residents can listen to the council meeting live on City Cable 15 and through the City's website at https://bit.ly/Cable15. Residents may also call in at +1-415-655-0001 US Toll (Event number (access code): 179 787 5037) to make public comment at the September 13 Regular City Council Meeting. To participate at the time of Public Comment, please raise your hand by pressing *3. Once called upon press *3 again to lower your hand.
City of Southfield
Regular Meeting (Committee-of-the-Whole)
Agenda of the City Council
September 13, 2021 at 6:00 pm via WebEx
26000 Evergreen Road
Southfield, Michigan 48076
Telephone: 248-796-5150 Website: www.cityofsouthfield.com
For Public Comment Please Call and push *3 to be recognized
Public Comment +1-415-655-0001
US Toll Access Code: 179 787 5037
THE FOLLOWING ITEMS WILL BE DISCUSSED:
- Presentation by United States Representative Congresswoman Brenda Lawrence
- Authorize Agreement with Anti-Defamation League of Michigan for Use of Donald F. Fracassi Municipal Campus on Sunday, October 10, 2021 (immediate need to act – Rule 10)
- Authorization for Auto Body Repair Services for the Motor Pool
- Authorization to Purchase Livescan Fingerprinting and Mugshot Equipment for CLEMIS
- Presentation and Discussion Regarding Special Use Request of Mr. Fanar Salama, 23380 Telegraph Road, Sidwell Parcel 2428-351-038 (PSLU21-0004)
- Presentation and Discussion Regarding a Proposal to Rezone Property with an Overlay Development District Development Agreement for MiddlePointe Investment on property located on Sidwell Parcels 2422-227-003 thru -0005 (PZRODD21-0002)
- Presentation and Discussion Regarding Zoning Ordinance Text Amendments (PZTA21-0003 and PZTA21-0004B)
- Authorization for Parks and Recreation Department to Payoff LIRF Loan for the Carpenter Lake Nature Preserve
- Presentation and Adoption of Beech Woods Park Master Plan
- Consulting Services for the Parks and Recreation Master Plan
- Brownfield Plan Reimbursement Consulting Services – Northland City Center LLC Development
- Proposed Vacation of Consent Judgments – The Trowbridge (McDonnell III) – 24111 Civic Center Drive
The Southfield City Council has established the following Rules of Procedure for all speakers:
- No speaker may make personal or impertinent attacks upon any officer, employee, or City Council member or other Elected Official, that is unrelated to the manner in which the officer, employee, or City Council member or other Elected Official, performs his or her duties.
- No person shall use abusive or threatening language toward any individual when addressing the City Council.
Any person who violates this section shall be directed by the presiding officer to be orderly and silent. If a person addressing the Council refuses to become silent when so directed, such person may be deemed by the presiding officer to have committed a “breach of the peace” by disrupting and impeding the orderly conduct of the public meeting of the City Council and may be ordered by the presiding officer to leave the meeting. If the person refuses to leave as directed, the presiding officer may direct any law enforcement officer who is present to escort the violator from the meeting. Call in number for Communication is Public Comment +1-415-655-0001 US Toll Access Code 179 787 5037
AND ANY OTHER ITEMS DEEMED NECESSARY
Individuals with special needs who plan to attend this meeting should contact the City Clerk’s Office at 248-796-5150 (voice) or 711 (TDD). If auxiliary aids or services are needed, reasonable advance notice is required.