City Council October 5 Regular Meeting Agenda (conducted via teleconference)
Due to the State of Emergency declared due to COVID-19, the council meeting will be conducted via teleconference. Residents can listen to the council meeting live on City Cable 15 and through the City's website at https://bit.ly/Cable15. Residents may also call in at +1-415-655-0001 US Toll (Event number (access code): 173 561 4047) to make public comment at the October 5 City Council Meeting. To participate at the time of Public Comment, please raise your hand by pressing *3. Once called upon press *3 again to lower your hand.
City of Southfield
Regular Meeting Committee of the Whole
Agenda of the City Council
October 5, 2020 at 6:00 pm via Webex
26000 Evergreen Road
Southfield, Michigan 48076
For Public Comment, please call and push *3 to be recognized
Public Comment +1-415-655-0001
US Toll Access Code 173 561 4047
THE FOLLOWING ITEMS WILL BE DISCUSSED:
- Southfield Police Department/Traffic Improvement Association Grant
- Discussion Regarding Electric Charging Stations on City Properties
- Authorization of a Budget Adjustment for Motor Pool/Communications
- Authorization to Purchase Trailers for Sidewalk Snow Equipment Transport – DPW
- Authorization to Replace Financial and Utility Billing System
- Receipt of Bids for Cisco SmartNet Licensing and Maintenance Services
- Historic District Designation for the Smokey Robinson Home
- Southfield Area Chamber of Commerce Golf Outing 50/50 Raffle Michigan Lottery Charitable Gaming License Resolution
- Library/Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning (HVAC) Improvements
- Approval to Migrate the Library’s Integrated Library System to the Cloud
- Northland Redevelopment Project Update
The Southfield City Council has established the following Rules of Procedure for all speakers:
- No speaker may make personal or impertinent attacks upon any officer, employee, or City Council member or other Elected Official, that is unrelated to the manner in which the officer, employee, or City Council member or other Elected Official, performs his or her duties.
- No person shall use abusive or threatening language toward any individual when addressing the City Council.
Any person who violates this section shall be directed by the presiding officer to be orderly and silent. If a person addressing the Council refuses to become silent when so directed, such person may be deemed by the presiding officer to have committed a “breach of the peace” by disrupting and impeding the orderly conduct of the public meeting of the City Council and may be ordered by the presiding officer to leave the meeting. If the person refuses to leave as directed, the presiding officer may direct any law enforcement officer who is present to escort the violator from the meeting. For Communications The phone number to call in is 415-655-0001, event number / access code is 173 561 4047, push *3 to be recognized.
AND ANY OTHER ITEMS DEEMED NECESSARY
Sherikia L. Hawkins, MMC
Individuals with special needs who plan to attend this meeting should contact the City Clerk’s Office at 248-796-5150 (voice) or 711 (TDD). If auxiliary aids or services are needed, reasonable advance notice is required.