City Council October 19 Regular Meeting Agenda (conducted via teleconference)
Due to the State of Emergency declared due to COVID-19, the council meeting will be conducted via teleconference. Residents can listen to the council meeting live on City Cable 15 and through the City's website at https://bit.ly/Cable15. Residents may also call in at +1-415-655-0001 US Toll (Event number (access code): 173 152-5328) to make public comment at the October 19 City Council Meeting. To participate at the time of Public Comment, please raise your hand by pressing *3. Once called upon press *3 again to lower your hand.
City of Southfield
Agenda of the City Council
October 19, 2020 at 6:00 pm via Webex
26000 Evergreen Road
Southfield, Michigan 48076
For Public Comment, please call and push *3 to be recognized
Public Comment +1-415-655-0001
US Toll Access Code 173 152-5328
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
- Appointment of Joyce Johnson – Southfield Library Board (Postponed from 10-13-2020 Meeting)
CONSENT AGENDA (Postponed from 10-13-2020 Meeting)
B. Southfield Police Department/Traffic Improvement Association Grant
C. Authorization of a Budget Adjustment for Motor Pool/Communications
D. Authorization to Purchase Trailers for Sidewalk Snow Equipment Transport – DPW
E. Authorization to Replace Financial and Utility Billing System
F. Receipt of Bids for Cisco SmartNet Licensing and Maintenance Services
PUBLIC HEARING (Postponed from 10-13-2020 Meeting)
- Economic Development Initiative – Public Hearing on Request from REDICO to Establish an Industrial Development District under Public Act 198 of 1974, as amended, at 27777 Franklin Road
- Economic Development Initiative – Application from International Automotive Components Group North America for Personal Property Tax Exemption Under Public Act 328 of 1998, as amended, at 27777 Franklin Road
AGENDA ITEMS FOR DISCUSSION AND OR ACTION
1. Proposed Moratorium – Small Box Discount Stores
2. Proposed Sale of Real Property
4. Receipt of Proposals for Beech Woods Park Master Plan
5. Detroit Regional Partnership Membership for 10/1/2020 to 9/30/2021
6. Economic Development Initiative –Application Contour Companies LLC for a Commercial Rehabilitation Exemption Certificate under PA 210 of 2005, as amended for 21500 Northwestern Highway
7. Economic Development Initiative –Establishment of Commercial Rehabilitation District, Northwestern Highway Service Drive Commercial Rehabilitation District No. 2 under PA 210 of 2005, as amended for 21500 Northwestern Highway
8. Receipt of Bids on Printing the 2020 Annual Report / 2021 Calendar for the Community Relations Department
9. Three Month License Agreement-Fed Ex Ground Package System, Inc. (Request for an immediate need to act)
The Southfield City Council has established the following Rules of Procedure for all speakers:
- No speaker may make personal or impertinent attacks upon any officer, employee, or City Council member or other Elected Official, that is unrelated to the manner in which the officer, employee, or City Council member or other Elected Official, performs his or her duties.
- No person shall use abusive or threatening language toward any individual when addressing the City Council.
Any person who violates this section shall be directed by the presiding officer to be orderly and silent. If a person addressing the Council refuses to become silent when so directed, such person may be deemed by the presiding officer to have committed a “breach of the peace” by disrupting and impeding the orderly conduct of the public meeting of the City Council and may be ordered by the presiding officer to leave the meeting. If the person refuses to leave as directed, the presiding officer may direct any law enforcement officer who is present to escort the violator from the meeting.
Call in number for Communication is 248-796-5152.
- Receipt of Bids for Heating Ventilation and Aire Conditioning Repairs in the Library
- Northland Redevelopment Project Update
CLERK, TREASURER, PLANNER, ASSESSOR, ENGINEER
Individuals with special need for this meeting should contact the City Clerk’s Office at 248-796-5150 (voice) or 711 (TDD). If auxiliary aids or services are needed, reasonable advance notice is required.