City Council October 13 Regular Meeting Agenda (conducted via teleconference)
Postponement of City Council Meeting on Tuesday, October 13, 2020 at 6 p.m. via Webex
The Michigan senate passed legislation (SB 1108) last week that will allow virtual meetings to continue under the Open Meetings Act; however, the Michigan House of Representatives has not voted on this legislation as of today (10/31/20) at 3 p.m.
The October 3, 2020 Michigan Department of Health and Human Services Emergency Order states the following
(3) Indoor gatherings of more than 10 and up to 500 people occurring at a non-residential venue are permitted only to the extent that the organizers and venue:
(A) In venues with fixed seating, limit attendance to 20% of seating capacity of the venue, provided however that gatherings at up to 25% of seating capacity are permitted in Region 6, as that region was defined in Executive Order 2020-176;
(B) In venues without fixed seating, limit attendance to 20 persons per 1,000 square feet in each occupied room, provided however that gatherings of up to 25 persons per 1,000 square feet in each occupied room are permitted in Region 6, as that region was defined in Executive Order 2020-176;
However, to comply with the order this will take time and great effort should the city choose to immediately meet in person for meetings, pending the decision from the legislature.
Therefore, in the interest of public health and safety, the October 13, 2020 meeting shall be postponed to Monday, October 19, 2020
Due to the State of Emergency declared due to COVID-19, the council meeting will be conducted via teleconference. Residents can listen to the council meeting live on City Cable 15 and through the City's website at https://bit.ly/Cable15. Residents may also call in at +1-415-655-0001 US Toll (Event number (access code): 173 005 2087) to make public comment at the October 13 City Council Meeting. To participate at the time of Public Comment, please raise your hand by pressing *3. Once called upon press *3 again to lower your hand.
City of Southfield
Agenda of the City Council
October 13, 2020 at 6:00 pm via Webex
26000 Evergreen Road
Southfield, Michigan 48076
For Public Comment, please Call and push *3 to be recognized
Public Comment +1-415-655-0001
US Toll Access Code 173 005 2087
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
- Appointment of Joyce Johnson – Southfield Library Board
- Historic District Designation for the Smokey Robinson Home
- Southfield Police Department/Traffic Improvement Association Grant
- Authorization of a Budget Adjustment for Motor Pool/Communications
- Authorization to Purchase Trailers for Sidewalk Snow Equipment Transport – DPW
- Authorization to Replace Financial and Utility Billing System
- Receipt of Bids for Cisco SmartNet Licensing and Maintenance Services
- Economic Development Initiative – Public Hearing on Request from REDICO to Establish an Industrial Development District under Public Act 198 of 1974, as amended, at 27777 Franklin Road
- Economic Development Initiative – Application from International Automotive Components Group North America for Personal Property Tax Exemption Under Public Act 328 of 1998, as amended, at 27777 Franklin Road
The Southfield City Council has established the following Rules of Procedure for all speakers:
- No speaker may make personal or impertinent attacks upon any officer, employee, or City Council member or other Elected Official, that is unrelated to the manner in which the officer, employee, or City Council member or other Elected Official, performs his or her duties.
- No person shall use threatening, abusive language or hate speech when addressing the City Council.
Any person who violates this section shall be directed by the presiding officer to be orderly and silent. If a person addressing the Council refuses to become silent when so directed, such person may be deemed by the presiding officer to have committed a “breach of the peace” by disrupting and impeding the orderly conduct of the public meeting of the City Council and may be ordered by the presiding officer to leave the meeting. If the person refuses to leave as directed, the presiding officer may direct any law enforcement officer who is present to escort the violator from the meeting. For Communications The phone number to call in is 415-655-0001, event number / access code is 173 005 2087, push *3 to be recognized.
- Receipt of Bids for Heating Ventilation and Aire Conditioning Repairs in the Library
- Northland Redevelopment Project Update
CLERK, TREASURER, PLANNER, ASSESSOR, ENGINEER
Individuals with special needs who plan to attend this meeting should contact the City Clerk’s Office at 248-796-5150 (voice) or 711 (TDD). If auxiliary aids or services are needed, reasonable advance notice is required.