City Council October 12 Regular Meeting Agenda (conducted via teleconference)
Due to the State of Emergency declared due to COVID-19, the council meeting will be conducted via teleconference. Residents can listen to the council meeting live on City Cable 15 and through the City's website at https://bit.ly/Cable15. Residents may also call in at +1-415-655-0001 US Toll (Event number (access code): 179 335 2215) to make public comment at the October 12 Regular City Council Meeting. To participate at the time of Public Comment, please raise your hand by pressing *3. Once called upon press *3 again to lower your hand.
City of Southfield
Regular Meeting (Committee-of-the-Whole)
Agenda of the City Council
October 12, 2021 at 6:00 pm via WebEx
26000 Evergreen Road
Southfield, Michigan 48076
For Public Comment Please Call and push *3 to be recognized
Public Comment +1-415-655-0001
US Toll Access Code: 179 335 2215
THE FOLLOWING ITEMS WILL BE DISCUSSED:
- Application for Charitable Gaming License – Zonta Club of Southfield Area Foundation (Rule 10 – Immediate Need to Act)
- Liquor License Request – Suburban Liquor (Rule 10 – Immediate Need to Act)
- Acceptance of Eaton Corp Easement Agreement (Rule 10 – Immediate Need to Act)
- Southfield Police Department Emergency Vehicle Operation Training (Rule 10 – Immediate Need to Act)
- Parks & Recreation 5-Year Master Plan
- Authorization to Purchase Replacement Vehicles for the Public Works Department
- Receipt of Bids for Standby Emergency Snow Removal Services for Public Works
- Receipt of Bids for the Lower Level Pavilion Door Replacement Project
- Approval to Enter a 37-Month Contract with CrowdStrike Falcon Endpoint Protection Premium Bundle, for Protection Against Computer Viruses and Malware
- Preliminary Discussion Regarding Proposed Development on Vacant Land on W. Eight Mile at Northland Drive in Section 36 of the City
- Brownfield Redevelopment Plan & Tax Increment Financing Plan and Development & Reimbursement Agreement for SLT Holdings LLC- New Seoul Market 27522 Northwestern Highway, Southfield MI
- Presentation and Discussion Regarding Special Use Request of Enterprise Leasing Company of Detroit, Sidwell Parcel 2429-426-033, on the Northwest corner of Telegraph Road and Garner Street (PSLU21-0007)
- Presentation and Discussion Regarding Rezoning Request of The Alcove (Existing Hawthorn Suites Hotel), 26700 Central Park Boulevard, on the Southeast corner of Central Park Boulevard and W Eleven Mile Road (PZRODD21-0003)
- Authorization to Enter into Fee Agreement for Candidate Referral Services
- Proposed Vacation of Consent Judgements – The Trowbridge (McDonnell III) – 24111 Civic Center Drive
The Southfield City Council has established the following Rules of Procedure for all speakers:
- No speaker may make personal or impertinent attacks upon any officer, employee, or City Council member or other Elected Official, that is unrelated to the manner in which the officer, employee, or City Council member or other Elected Official, performs his or her duties.
- No person shall use abusive or threatening language toward any individual when addressing the City Council.
Any person who violates this section shall be directed by the presiding officer to be orderly and silent. If a person addressing the Council refuses to become silent when so directed, such person may be deemed by the presiding officer to have committed a “breach of the peace” by disrupting and impeding the orderly conduct of the public meeting of the City Council and may be ordered by the presiding officer to leave the meeting. If the person refuses to leave as directed, the presiding officer may direct any law enforcement officer who is present to escort the violator from the meeting. Call in number for Communication is Public Comment +1-415-655-0001 US Toll Access Code 179 335 2215
AND ANY OTHER ITEMS DEEMED NECESSARY
Individuals with special needs who plan to attend this meeting should contact the City Clerk’s Office at 248-796-5150 (voice) or 711 (TDD). If auxiliary aids or services are needed, reasonable advance notice is required.