City Council November 20 Regular (Hybrid) Meeting Agenda
City of Southfield
Regular Meeting Agenda of the City Council
November 20, 2023 at 6:00 p.m.
Donald F. Fracassi Municipal Campus
26000 Evergreen Road
Southfield, Michigan 48076
OATH OF OFFICE
Swearing-In of Newly Elected Officials
- Councilwoman Nancy L.M. Banks
- Councilman Daniel Brightwell
- Councilman Charles Hicks
- Councilwoman Coretta Houge
- Councilman Michael Ari Mandelbaum
- City Clerk Janet Jackson
ELECTION OF OFFICERS
The Southfield City Council has established the following Rules of Procedure for all speakers:
- No speaker may make personal or impertinent attacks upon any officer, employee, or City Council member or other Elected Official, that is unrelated to the manner in which the officer, employee, or City Council member or other Elected Official, performs his or her duties.
- No person shall use abusive or threatening language toward any individual when addressing the City Council.
Any person who violates this section shall be directed by the presiding officer to be orderly and silent. If a person addressing the Council refuses to become silent when so directed, such person may be deemed by the presiding officer to have committed a “breach of the peace” by disrupting and impeding the orderly conduct of the public meeting of the City Council and may be ordered by the presiding officer to leave the meeting. If the person refuses to leave as directed, the presiding officer may direct any law enforcement officer who is present to escort the violator from the meeting.
CLERK, TREASURER, PLANNER, ASSESSOR, ENGINEER
Individuals with special need for this meeting should contact the City Clerk’s Office at 248-796-5150 (voice) or 711 (TDD). If auxiliary aids or services are needed, reasonable advance notice is required.