City Council November 16 Regular Meeting Agenda (conducted via teleconference)
Due to the State of Emergency declared due to COVID-19, the council meeting will be conducted via teleconference. Residents can listen to the council meeting live on City Cable 15 and through the City's website at https://bit.ly/Cable15. Residents may also call in at +1-415-655-0001 US Toll (Event number (access code): 173 269 7823) to make public comment at the November 16 City Council Meeting. To participate at the time of Public Comment, please raise your hand by pressing *3. Once called upon press *3 again to lower your hand.
City of Southfield
Agenda of the City Council
November 16, 2020 at 6:00 p.m. via Webex
26000 Evergreen Road
Southfield, Michigan 48076
For Public Comment, please call and push *3 to be recognized
Public Comment +1-415-655-0001
US Toll Access Code 173 269 7823
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
- Election of Council Leadership
- Presentation of Joint Resolution – Small Business Saturday, November 28, 2020
- Review of the City’s Transportation Asset Management Plan
Appointment to the City Centre Advisory Board – Janet Stevens
- Regular Meeting Minutes of August 24, 2020
- Regular Meeting Minutes of August 31, 2020
- Committee-of-the-Whole Meeting Minutes of September 8, 2020
- 2021 City Council Meeting Schedule
- Southfield Police Department / Courts and Law Enforcement Management Information System (CLEMIS) Disbursement
- Radio System Upgrade/Radio Purchase for future P25 system
- Receipt of Proposals for Class and Compensation Study
- Authorization to enter into a Grant Agreement between the State of Michigan, Michigan Indigent Defense Commission, Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs and the City of Southfield
- PZTA20-0003, Council-initiated Zoning Ordinance Text Amendment to amend Title V, Zoning and Planning, Chapter 45, Zoning, of the Code of the City of Southfield by amending various Articles and Sections of the Zoning Ordinance related to Mobile MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging) Units, and other amendments that may become necessary as needed for the City of Southfield.
- Economic Development Initiative – Public Hearing on Establishment of Commercial Rehabilitation District, Northwestern Highway Service Drive Commercial Rehabilitation District No. 4 for a P.A. 210 of 2005, as amended 21500 Northwestern Highway, Southfield MI 48075
- Dismissal of PSP20-0009, Extreme Loans – 29444 Northwestern Hwy
- Proposed Postponement of PSP20-0012, Yukon Building and Development
The Southfield City Council has established the following Rules of Procedure for all speakers:
- No speaker may make personal or impertinent attacks upon any officer, employee, or City Council member or other Elected Official, that is unrelated to the manner in which the officer, employee, or City Council member or other Elected Official, performs his or her duties.
- No person shall use threatening, abusive language or hate speech when addressing the City Council.
Any person who violates this section shall be directed by the presiding officer to be orderly and silent. If a person addressing the Council refuses to become silent when so directed, such person may be deemed by the presiding officer to have committed a “breach of the peace” by disrupting and impeding the orderly conduct of the public meeting of the City Council and may be ordered by the presiding officer to leave the meeting. If the person refuses to leave as directed, the presiding officer may direct any law enforcement officer who is present to escort the violator from the meeting. For Communications The phone number to call in is 415-655-0001, event number / access code is 173 269 7823, push *3 to be recognized.
- Request of Approval of Contractual Agreement – Retiree Services
- Appointment of H Maria Calhoun to the Position of Deputy Director of Human Resources
- Michigan Public Act 228 of 2020; Open Meetings Act Amendments
CLERK, TREASURER, PLANNER, ASSESSOR, ENGINEER
Individuals with special needs who plan to attend this meeting should contact the City Clerk’s Office at 248-796-5150 (voice) or 711 (TDD). If auxiliary aids or services are needed, reasonable advance notice is required.