City Council May 8 Regular Meeting Agenda
May 5, 2023
City of Southfield
Regular (Hybrid) Meeting Agenda of the City Council
May 8, 2023 at 6:00 p.m.
Donald F. Fracassi Municipal Campus
26000 Evergreen Road
Southfield, Michigan 48076
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
The Southfield City Council has established the following Rules of Procedure for all speakers:
- No speaker may make personal or impertinent attacks upon any officer, employee, or City Council member or other Elected Official, that is unrelated to the manner in which the officer, employee, or City Council member or other Elected Official, performs his or her duties.
- No person shall use abusive or threatening language toward any individual when addressing the City Council.
Any person who violates this section shall be directed by the presiding officer to be orderly and silent. If a person addressing the Council refuses to become silent when so directed, such person may be deemed by the presiding officer to have committed a “breach of the peace” by disrupting and impeding the orderly conduct of the public meeting of the City Council and may be ordered by the presiding officer to leave the meeting. If the person refuses to leave as directed, the presiding officer may direct any law enforcement officer who is present to escort the violator from the meeting.
- Presentation from Elected State Officials
- Presentation of Joint Resolution Recognizing Jewish American Heritage Month
- Presentation of Joint Resolution Recognizing Asian/Pacific American Heritage Month
- Approval to Purchase Rescue Task Force Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) for the Fire Department
- Authorization to Purchase Replacement Fire Hose for the Fire Department
- Authorization to Renew the Contract for Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning (HVAC) Preventative Maintenance and Repair Services for Municipal Buildings
- Receipt of Bids for Denso Drive Reconstruction (Job No. 2381SFLD)
- Authorization to Purchase Zero-Turn Exmark Lawn Mower for Park Services
- Reimbursement Agreement with the Road Commission for Oakland County for 2023 Season Street Sweeping Services Performed by the City on County Roads (2023 Summer Maintenance Agreement)
- Authorization to Purchase De-Icing Salt
- Receipt of Bids for Uniform Services – Public Works
- Proposed Sale of Real Property – Westland Drive
- Receipt of Bids for Tree Planting
- Authorize Agreement with Kimmie Horne Productions, LLC to Arrange the Kimmie Horne Jazz Festival at the Southfield Municipal Campus – August 11 and 12, 2023
- Additional Leaking Underground Storage Tank Remediation
- Code Enforcement Budget Adjustment for Contractual Weed Mowing and Professional Services
PUBLIC HEARINGS AND SITE PLANS
AGENDA ITEMS FOR DISCUSSION AND / OR ACTION
- Presentation and Discussion Regarding the Rezoning Request with Overlay Development District Development Agreement of Designhaus to convert an existing office building located at 16025 Northland Drive to climate-controlled interior storage (PZRODD23-0001)
- Receipt of Bids for Interior Renovations
- Location Change of Precinct 13 & 14 Beth Yehudah (Schoenhals School) to Thompson School
CLERK, TREASURER, PLANNER, ASSESSOR, ENGINEER
ADDITIONAL ITEMS DEEMED NECESSARY FOR DISCUSSION
Individuals with special need for this meeting should contact the City Clerk’s Office at 248-796-5150 (voice) or 711 (TDD). If auxiliary aids or services are needed, reasonable advance notice is required.