City Council May 4 Regular Meeting Agenda (conducted via teleconference)
Due to the State of Emergency declared due to Covid-19, the council meeting will be conducted via teleconference. Residents can listen to the council meeting live online on City Cable 15 and through the City's website at http://southfield.cablecast.tv/CablecastPublicSite/watch/1?channel=2. Residents may also call in at (248) 796-5152 to make public comment at the May 4 City Council Meeting.
City of Southfield
Regular Meeting Committee of the Whole
Agenda of the City Council
May 4, 2020 at 6:00 pm via teleconference
26000 Evergreen Road
Southfield, Michigan 48076
THE FOLLOWING ITEMS WILL BE DISCUSSED:
1. Authorization to Extend the Vehicle Towing and Storage Services Contract
2. Dembs Development Group and Marelli North America, Inc are seeking the Establishment of an Industrial Development District and Application for Industrial Facilities Exemption Certificate
3. Authorization to Submit MDOT Local Bridge Program Application to MDOT for Preventive Maintenance on the Beech Road Bridge over the Rouge River.
4. First Amendment to Purchase Agreement Between the City of Southfield, Mi and Middlepointe Investment Group, LLC, for the City Owned Property Located at the Northwest Corner of Civic Center and Evergreen Road
5. Discussion of the Capital Improvement Program
6. Discussion of the 2020-21 Southfield Public Art Installation Plan
7. Presentation by Parks and Recreation Department-Anticipated Coronavirus Impact on Operations
8. Presentation by The Library-Anticipated Coronavirus Impact on Operations and Programs
The Southfield City Council has established the following Rules of Procedure for all speakers:
- No speaker may make personal or impertinent attacks upon any officer, employee, or City Council member or other Elected Official, that is unrelated to the manner in which the officer, employee, or City Council member or other Elected Official, performs his or her duties.
- No person shall use abusive or threatening language toward any individual when addressing the City Council.
Any person who violates this section shall be directed by the presiding officer to be orderly and silent. If a person addressing the Council refuses to become silent when so directed, such person may be deemed by the presiding officer to have committed a “breach of the peace” by disrupting and impeding the orderly conduct of the public meeting of the City Council and may be ordered by the presiding officer to leave the meeting. If the person refuses to leave as directed, the presiding officer may direct any law enforcement officer who is present to escort the violator from the meeting. For Communications The phone number to call in is
AND ANY OTHER ITEMS DEEMED NECESSARY
Sherikia L. Hawkins, MMC
Individuals with special needs who plan to attend this meeting should contact the City Clerk’s Office at 248-796-5150 (voice) or 711 (TDD). If auxiliary aids or services are needed, reasonable advance notice is required.