City Council May 11 Regular Meeting Agenda (conducted via teleconference)
Due to the State of Emergency declared due to Covid-19, the council meeting will be conducted via teleconference. Residents can listen to the council meeting live online on City Cable 15 and through the City's website at http://southfield.cablecast.tv/CablecastPublicSite/watch/1?channel=2. Residents may also call in at (248) 796-5152 to make public comment at the May 11 City Council Meeting.
City of Southfield
Agenda of the City Council
May 11, 2020 at 6:00pm via teleconference
26000 Evergreen Road
Southfield, Michigan 48076
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
Update from Dave Coulter Oakland County Executive
1. Regular Meeting Minutes of April 20, 2020
- Authorization to Submit MDOT Local Bridge Program Application to MDOT for Preventive Maintenance on the Beech Road Bridge over the Rouge River.
- First Amendment to Purchase Agreement Between the City of Southfield, Mi and Middlepointe Investment Group, LLC, for the City Owned Property Located at the Northwest Corner of Civic Center and Evergreen Road
- Approve and adopt the FY 2020-21-FY 2025-26 Capital Improvement Program,
- Correction to the April 27th Single Lot Special Assessment
- West Nile Virus Prevention Funding Assistance
- Approval of the 2020-21 Southfield Public Art Installation Plan
- Schedule a Special City Council Meeting on Tuesday, May 26, 2020
- Schedule a Public Hearing for Marelli North America establishment of Industrial Development District
- Schedule a Public Hearing for Marelli for the Application for Industrial Facilities Exemption Certificate
- 2020-2021 Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Annual Action Plan
The Southfield City Council has established the following Rules of Procedure for all speakers:
- No speaker may make personal or impertinent attacks upon any officer, employee, or City Council member or other Elected Official, that is unrelated to the manner in which the officer, employee, or City Council member or other Elected Official, performs his or her duties.
- No person shall use abusive or threatening language toward any individual when addressing the City Council.
Any person who violates this section shall be directed by the presiding officer to be orderly and silent. If a person addressing the Council refuses to become silent when so directed, such person may be deemed by the presiding officer to have committed a “breach of the peace” by disrupting and impeding the orderly conduct of the public meeting of the City Council and may be ordered by the presiding officer to leave the meeting. If the person refuses to leave as directed, the presiding officer may direct any law enforcement officer who is present to escort the violator from the meeting.
Call in number for Communication is (248) 796-5152.
CLERK, TREASURER, PLANNER, ASSESSOR, ENGINEER
Individuals with special need for this meeting should contact the City Clerk’s Office at 248-796-5150 (voice) or 711 (TDD). If auxiliary aids or services are needed, reasonable advance notice is required.