City Council May 1 Regular (Hybrid) Meeting Agenda
City of Southfield
Regular (Hybrid) Meeting Agenda of the City Council
May 1, 2023 at 6:00 p.m.
Donald F. Fracassi Municipal Campus
26000 Evergreen Road
Southfield, Michigan 48076
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
- Appointment of Charles Woodward – Building Official in the Management Group
- Appointment of Charles Woodward as a City Constable
- Appointment of Thomas Paison – Deputy City Planner in the Management Group
The Southfield City Council has established the following Rules of Procedure for all speakers:
- No speaker may make personal or impertinent attacks upon any officer, employee, or City Council member or other Elected Official, that is unrelated to the manner in which the officer, employee, or City Council member or other Elected Official, performs his or her duties.
- No person shall use abusive or threatening language toward any individual when addressing the City Council.
Any person who violates this section shall be directed by the presiding officer to be orderly and silent. If a person addressing the Council refuses to become silent when so directed, such person may be deemed by the presiding officer to have committed a “breach of the peace” by disrupting and impeding the orderly conduct of the public meeting of the City Council and may be ordered by the presiding officer to leave the meeting. If the person refuses to leave as directed, the presiding officer may direct any law enforcement officer who is present to escort the violator from the meeting.
- Joint Meeting Minutes of April 17, 2023
- Regular Meeting Minutes of April 17, 2023
PUBLIC HEARINGS AND SITE PLANS
- Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Public Hearings
- 2023-2024 Annual Action Plan and 2021-2026 Five Year Consolidated Plan
- Enact Ordinance No. 1769, Council-initiated Zoning Ordinance Text Amendment to amend Title V, Zoning and Planning, Chapter 45, Zoning, of the Code of the City of Southfield to add the property located at 16025 Northland Drive to the Boundary District of the Northland Overlay Development District to Article 4 Section 5.22-3 Overlay Development District, and Amend Map 1: Northland Overlay Development District: District Plan Map to include the site, and any other amendments that may become necessary as needed for the above and the City of Southfield (PZTA23-0001)
AGENDA ITEMS FOR DISCUSSION AND / OR ACTION
- Unexpended American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) Funds
- Authorization to Proceed with Design Development and Construction Documents for Beech Woods Park
- Presentation and Discussion Regarding a Proposed Savvy Sliders on Twelve Mile between Northwestern Highway and Franklin Road (PSLU23-0002 and PSP23-0004)
- Presentation and Discussion Regarding a Proposed Residential Duplexes on Westland between Evergreen Road and Prescott (PSP23-0006)
- Proposed Resolution for 90-Day Extension of Moratorium with regard to the impact that outdoor ice chests have on the City
- Naming Front Walking Loop (Oval) in Recognition and Honor of Former Councilwoman Barbara Talley
CLERK, TREASURER, PLANNER, ASSESSOR, ENGINEER
ADDITIONAL ITEMS DEEMED NECESSARY FOR DISCUSSION
Individuals with special need for this meeting should contact the City Clerk’s Office at 248-796-5150 (voice) or 711 (TDD). If auxiliary aids or services are needed, reasonable advance notice is required.