City Council June 7 Regular Meeting (conducted via teleconference)
Due to the State of Emergency declared due to COVID-19, the council meeting will be conducted via teleconference. Residents can listen to the council meeting live on City Cable 15 and through the City's website at https://bit.ly/Cable15. Residents may also call in at +1-415-655-0001 US Toll (Event number (access code): 173 886 5327) to make public comment at the June 7 Regular City Council Meeting. To participate at the time of Public Comment, please raise your hand by pressing *3. Once called upon press *3 again to lower your hand.
City of Southfield
Regular Meeting (Committee-of-the-Whole)
Agenda of the City Council
June 7, 2021 at 6:00 pm via WebEx
26000 Evergreen Road
Southfield, Michigan 48076
For Public Comment Please Call and push *3 to be recognized
Public Comment +1-415-655-0001
US Toll Access Code 173 886 5327
THE FOLLOWING ITEMS WILL BE DISCUSSED:
- Presentation by State Representative Kyra Harris Bolden
- Creation of Deputy Director of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) and Training Position
- Appointment of Tyrice A. Beeks to the Position of Director, Code Enforcement/Community Appearance
- Presentation and Discussion Regarding creating a Residential Unit Development District with Development Agreement for the McKinley School located at 18330 George Washington, Sidwell Parcel 2426-226-004 (PZRRUDD19-0001)
- Presentation and Discussion Regarding Special Use Request for the Luxe Ballroom, 23835 Greenfield Road in the Cornerstone Shopping Plaza, Sidwell Parcel 2425-401-018 (PSLU21-0005)
- Presentation and Discussion Regarding Rezoning Request and Site Plan Review Request for Verizon Wireless located at 24242 Northwestern Highway, Sidwell Parcel 2426-177-018 (PZR21-0004 & PSP21-0007)
- Proposed Agreement with the City of Lathrup Village for the continuing Provision of Fire Department Services for a Two-Year Period Beginning July 1, 2021
- Proposed Agreement with the City of Lathrup Village for the continuing Provision of Emergency Dispatch Services for a Two-Year Period Beginning July 1, 2021
- Receipt of Bids for Lift Station Repair and Maintenance Services
- Door Replacement Project
- Escalator Removal Project in the Public Safety Building
- Explanation of Cost Changes in Authorized Traffic Services Truck Purchase (Rule 10 – immediate need to act)
The Southfield City Council has established the following Rules of Procedure for all speakers:
- No speaker may make personal or impertinent attacks upon any officer, employee, or City Council member or other Elected Official, that is unrelated to the manner in which the officer, employee, or City Council member or other Elected Official, performs his or her duties.
- No person shall use abusive or threatening language toward any individual when addressing the City Council.
Any person who violates this section shall be directed by the presiding officer to be orderly and silent. If a person addressing the Council refuses to become silent when so directed, such person may be deemed by the presiding officer to have committed a “breach of the peace” by disrupting and impeding the orderly conduct of the public meeting of the City Council and may be ordered by the presiding officer to leave the meeting. If the person refuses to leave as directed, the presiding officer may direct any law enforcement officer who is present to escort the violator from the meeting. Call in number for Communication is Public Comment +1-415-655-0001 US Toll Access Code 173 886 5327
AND ANY OTHER ITEMS DEEMED NECESSARY
Sherikia L. Hawkins, MMC
Individuals with special needs who plan to attend this meeting should contact the City Clerk’s Office at 248-796-5150 (voice) or 711 (TDD). If auxiliary aids or services are needed, reasonable advance notice is required.