City Council June 22 Regular Meeting Agenda (conducted via teleconference)
Due to the State of Emergency declared due to Covid-19, the council meeting will be conducted via teleconference. Residents can listen to the council meeting live online on City Cable 15 and through the City's website at http://southfield.cablecast.tv/CablecastPublicSite/watch/1?channel=2. Residents may also call in at (248) 796-5152 to make public comment at the June 22 City Council Meeting.
City of Southfield
Agenda of the City Council
June 22, 2020 at 6:00 pm via teleconference
26000 Evergreen Road
Southfield, Michigan 48076
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
Presentation of Joint Resolution – Provost Maria Vaz Day
- Committee-of-the-Whole Meeting Minutes of June 1, 2020
- Facility Maintenance Budget Transfer Request
- Authorization to Purchase Replacement Bottles for the Fire Departments Self Contained Breathing Apparatus System
- Formation of Southfield Wildlife Advisory Commission
- Receipt of Bids for Elevator/Escalator Maintenance Services
- Approval to Renew Lobbyist Contract with Governmental Consultant Services, Inc.
- Receipt of Bids on Water Main Installation and Repair Parts for the Water and Sewer Department
- Authorization to Purchase Compactor for Public Works & Code Enforcement Departments
- Authorization to Apply for Oakland County’s 2020 Local Road Improvement Program
- 2019-2020 Community Development Block Grant CARES Act (CDBG-CV) Public Hearing
- PSLU20-0003, Special Use Request of NTK Investments, LLC, on behalf of the owner, Stanley Targosz, to covert an existing industrial building to a Medical Marihuana Grower and Processor in accordance with Southfield Ordinance and the Michigan Medical Marihuana Facilities Licensing Act (MMFLA) on property located at 21680 W. Eight Mile Road and Sidwell Parcel 2434-354-007, on the north side of W. Eight Mile Road between Evergreen and Lahser Roads, City of Southfield, Oakland County, State of Michigan
- PSLU20-0006, Special Use Request of SOVA Group Properties 1, LLC to convert an existing industrial building to a 12,575gsf Medical Marihuana Grower and Processor in accordance with Southfield Ordinance and the Michigan Medical Marihuana Facilities Licensing Act (MMFLA) on property located at 21260 W Eight Mile, Sidwell Parcel 2434-376-017, on the north side of W Eight Mile Road between Evergreen and Lahser Roads, City of Southfield, Oakland County, State of Michigan
- PZR20-0003, Rezoning request of Southfield Non-Profit Housing on behalf of the Owner, City of Southfield and Southfield Neighborhood revitalization, to rezoning a total of 1.836 acres of land spread over four properties from R-1 Single Family Residential to RT Attached Single Family, located at 20433 Westland – Sidwell Parcel 2434-476-002, 20435 Westland – 2434-476-001, 20436 Westland – 2434-428-012 and Sidwell Parcel 2434-476-003, on the north and south sides of Westland between Evergreen and Prescott, Section 34, City of Southfield, Oakland County, State of Michigan
Introduce Ordinance No. 1721
- PZTA20-0001, Council-initiated Zoning Ordinance Text Amendment to amend Title V, Zoning and Planning, Chapter 45, Zoning, of the Code of the City of Southfield by amending Section 5.179 of Article 19 Light Industrial Districts to allow any Medical Marihuana Facility previously approved by City Council prior to October 13, 2019 be allowed to apply for a Special Land Use and Site Plan under Article 19, the Medical Marihuana Facilities and Licensing Act (MMFLA), Article 4 Section 5.22-7 Medical Marihuana Facilities, and other amendments that may become necessary as needed for the City of Southfield
Introduce Ordinance No. 1722
The Southfield City Council has established the following Rules of Procedure for all speakers:
- No speaker may make personal or impertinent attacks upon any officer, employee, or City Council member or other Elected Official, that is unrelated to the manner in which the officer, employee, or City Council member or other Elected Official, performs his or her duties.
- No person shall use threatening, abusive language or hate speech when addressing the City Council.
Any person who violates this section shall be directed by the presiding officer to be orderly and silent. If a person addressing the Council refuses to become silent when so directed, such person may be deemed by the presiding officer to have committed a “breach of the peace” by disrupting and impeding the orderly conduct of the public meeting of the City Council and may be ordered by the presiding officer to leave the meeting. If the person refuses to leave as directed, the presiding officer may direct any law enforcement officer who is present to escort the violator from the meeting.
- Agreement for CARES Act Distribution
- Discussion of Ordinance Amendments – Fireworks
Introduce Ordinance No. 1723
- Discussion of Ordinance Amendments – permits and bonds and streets and sidewalks
Introduce Ordinance No. 1724
CLERK, TREASURER, PLANNER, ASSESSOR, ENGINEER
- Enact Ordinance No. 1719, PZR19-0007, Maple Tree Apartments, LLC, rezone 4.09 acres of property from R-1 Single Family Residential and RMM Multiple Family (Medium Rise) to RT attached Single Family.
- Enact Ordinance No. 1720, PZRODD19-0005, Cite Centre Real Estate Group to amend existing City Centre II Overlay Development District Development Agreement to expand hours.
Individuals with special needs who plan to attend this meeting should contact the City Clerk’s Office at 248-796-5150 (voice) or 711 (TDD). If auxiliary aids or services are needed, reasonable advance notice is required.