City Council June 15 Regular Meeting Agenda (conducted via teleconference)
Due to the State of Emergency declared due to Covid-19, the council meeting will be conducted via teleconference. Residents can listen to the council meeting live online on City Cable 15 and through the City's website at http://southfield.cablecast.tv/CablecastPublicSite/watch/1?channel=2. Residents may also call in at (248) 796-5152 to make public comment at the June 15 City Council Meeting.
City of Southfield
(Conducted as a Committee of the Whole)
Agenda of the City Council
June 15, 2020 at 6:00 pm via teleconference
26000 Evergreen Road
Southfield, Michigan 48076
THE FOLLOWING ITEMS WILL BE DISCUSSED
- Authorization to Purchase Replacement Bottles for the Fire Departments Self Contained Breathing Apparatus System
- Donald F. Fracassi Campus Signage Presentation
- Presentation of Joint Resolution – Juneteenth Celebration 2020
- Presentation of Joint Resolution – LGBTQ Pride Month
- Facility Maintenance Budget Transfer Request
- Formation of Southfield Wildlife Advisory Commission
- Receipt of Bids for Elevator/Escalator Maintenance Services
- Resumption of In-Person City Council Meetings
- City Hall Lobby Wallcovering Cost Increase
- Proposal to Provide Equity, Inclusion and Diversity Consulting Services
- Presentation and Discussion Regarding Proposed Special Land Use Request for 21680 W. Eight Mile Road (PSLU20-0003) – Medical Marihuana Grow Facility and Processor
- Presentation and Discussion Regarding Proposed Special Land Use Request for 21260 W. Eight Mile Road (PSLU20-0006) – Medical Marihuana Grow Facility and Processor
- Presentation and Discussion Regarding Proposed Medical Marihuana Facility Text Amendments (PZTA20-0001)
- Presentation and Discussion Regarding Proposed Rezoning Request (PZR20-0003) for Westland
- Discussion of Ordinance Amendments
- 2019-2020 Community Development Block Grant (CDBG-CV) Request for Public Hearing
- Proposed Sale of Real Property
- Approval to Renew Lobbyist Contract with Governmental Consultant Services, Inc.
- Receipt of Bids on Water Main Installation and Repair Parts for the Water and Sewer Department
- Authorization to Purchase Compactor for Public Works & Code Enforcement Departments
- Discussion of Attorney-Client Written Opinion
The Southfield City Council has established the following Rules of Procedure for all speakers:
- No speaker may make personal or impertinent attacks upon any officer, employee, or City Council member or other Elected Official, that is unrelated to the manner in which the officer, employee, or City Council member or other Elected Official, performs his or her duties.
- No person shall use abusive or threatening language toward any individual when addressing the City Council.
Any person who violates this section shall be directed by the presiding officer to be orderly and silent. If a person addressing the Council refuses to become silent when so directed, such person may be deemed by the presiding officer to have committed a “breach of the peace” by disrupting and impeding the orderly conduct of the public meeting of the City Council and may be ordered by the presiding officer to leave the meeting. If the person refuses to leave as directed, the presiding officer may direct any law enforcement officer who is present to escort the violator from the meeting.
For Communications, the phone number to call in is 248-796-5152.
AND ANY OTHER ITEMS DEEMED NECESSARY
Sherikia L. Hawkins, MMC
Individuals with special needs who plan to attend this meeting should contact the City Clerk’s Office at 248-796-5150 (voice) or 711 (TDD). If auxiliary aids or services are needed, reasonable advance notice is required.