City Council July 25 Regular (Hybrid) Meeting Agenda
City of Southfield
Regular (Hybrid) Meeting Agenda of the City Council
July 25, 2022 at 6:00 p.m.
Donald F. Fracassi Municipal Campus
26000 Evergreen Road
Southfield, Michigan 48076
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
The Southfield City Council has established the following Rules of Procedure for all speakers:
- No speaker may make personal or impertinent attacks upon any officer, employee, or City Council member or other Elected Official, that is unrelated to the manner in which the officer, employee, or City Council member or other Elected Official, performs his or her duties.
- No person shall use abusive or threatening language toward any individual when addressing the City Council.
Any person who violates this section shall be directed by the presiding officer to be orderly and silent. If a person addressing the Council refuses to become silent when so directed, such person may be deemed by the presiding officer to have committed a “breach of the peace” by disrupting and impeding the orderly conduct of the public meeting of the City Council and may be ordered by the presiding officer to leave the meeting. If the person refuses to leave as directed, the presiding officer may direct any law enforcement officer who is present to escort the violator from the meeting.
- Presentation of AARP Network of Age-Friendly Communities Plaque to the Southfield Commission on Senior Adults (COSA)
- Special Budget Adoption Meeting Minutes of June 13, 2022
PUBLIC HEARINGS AND SITE PLANS
- Economic Development Initiative – Application from SLT Holdings LLC for a Commercial Rehabilitation Exemption Certificate under PA 210 of 2005, as amended
- Proposed Postponement of PZRODD22-0001, MiddlePointe ODD Amendment
- PZR22-0001, Rezoning Request of Kiwi Hospitality Detroit, LLC to rezone 1.41 acres of land from B-3 General Business to OS Office Service, on property located at 26620 Franklin Road on the west side of Franklin Road between Swanson and W Eleven Mile Road, Section 20, City of Southfield, Oakland County, State of Michigan
Introduce Ordinance No. 1755
- Proposed Postponement of PZRODD22-0003, EZ Mini Storage ODD Amendment
- PZTA22-0002, Council-initiated Zoning Ordinance Text Amendment to amend Title V, Zoning and Planning, Chapter 45, Zoning, of the Code of the City of Southfield by adding a new Section 5.22-3-2 Mixed Use Corridor District (MUCD) to the Zoning Ordinance to allow properties eligible for MUCD to be developed under more flexible standards, and any other amendments that may become necessary as needed for the above and the City of Southfield.
Introduce Ordinance No. 1756
AGENDA ITEMS FOR DISCUSSION AND OR ACTION
- Authorization to Purchase Replacement Vehicles for the Police Department
- Receipts of Bids on Printing of the 2022/2023 Parks & Recreation Activities Booklet
- Approval of Lease Renewal with Verizon Wireless
- Authorization to Purchase Firewall Replacement
- Authorization to Purchase Security Camera Video Storage Expansion
- Joint Meeting with Lawrence Technological University and the Southfield City Council
CLERK, TREASURER, PLANNER, ASSESSOR, ENGINEER
Individuals with special need for this meeting should contact the City Clerk’s Office at 248-796-5150 (voice) or 711 (TDD). If auxiliary aids or services are needed, reasonable advance notice is required.