City Council July 19 Regular Meeting Agenda (conducted via teleconference)
Due to the State of Emergency declared due to COVID-19, the council meeting will be conducted via teleconference. Residents can listen to the council meeting live on City Cable 15 and through the City's website at https://bit.ly/Cable15. Residents may also call in at +1-415-655-0001 US Toll (Event number (access code): 173 713 5896) to make public comment at the July 19 Regular City Council Meeting. To participate at the time of Public Comment, please raise your hand by pressing *3. Once called upon press *3 again to lower your hand.
City of Southfield
Agenda of the City Council
July 19, 2021 at 6:00 pm via WebEx
26000 Evergreen Road
Southfield, Michigan 48076
Telephone: 248-796-5150 Website: www.cityofsouthfield.com
For Public Comment Please Call and push *3 to be recognized
Public Comment +1-415-655-0001
US Toll Access Code 173 713 5896
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
- Presentation by District 17 Oakland County Commissioner Yolanda S. Charles
- Presentation of Joint Resolution – Theodore Townsend Watson
- Committee-of-the-Whole Meeting of May 20, 2021
- Regular Meeting Minutes of May 24, 2021
- Committee-of-the-Whole Meeting Minutes of June 7, 2021
- Special Budget Adoption Meeting of June 14, 2021
- Regular Meeting Minutes of June 14, 2021
- Regular Meeting Minutes of June 21, 2021
- Authorization to Purchase Ammunition for the Police Department
- Authorization to Extend Garage Door Preventative Maintenance and Repair Services
- Authorization to Contract for Professional Environmental Consulting Services
- Resolution and Enactment of Historic District Designation for the Magnell House (PHDD20-0001) and Smokey Robinson House (PHDD20-0003)
- AKT Peerless Brownfield Redevelopment Consulting Services Northland Mall Redevelopment 21500 Northwestern Highway Southfield, Michigan 48075
- Proposed Lease of Real Property
- Authorization to Pay Invoice for Work Completed on Strawberry/Mulberry Lanes
- Authorization to Pay for Body Shop Repairs to City Vehicles
- Enact Ordinance No. 1741, PZRRUDD19-0001, Rezoning Request to Create a Residential Unit Development District by SF Community Renewal Corporation, to rezone 4.128 acres of land from R-4, Single Family to Residential Unit Development District (RUDD), property located at 18330 George Washington, between Southfield Road and Continental.
- Introduction of Ordinance No. 1742, Business Registration
The Southfield City Council has established the following Rules of Procedure for all speakers:
- No speaker may make personal or impertinent attacks upon any officer, employee, or City Council member or other Elected Official, that is unrelated to the manner in which the officer, employee, or City Council member or other Elected Official, performs his or her duties.
- No person shall use abusive or threatening language toward any individual when addressing the City Council.
Any person who violates this section shall be directed by the presiding officer to be orderly and silent. If a person addressing the Council refuses to become silent when so directed, such person may be deemed by the presiding officer to have committed a “breach of the peace” by disrupting and impeding the orderly conduct of the public meeting of the City Council and may be ordered by the presiding officer to leave the meeting. If the person refuses to leave as directed, the presiding officer may direct any law enforcement officer who is present to escort the violator from the meeting. Call in number for Communication is Public Comment +1-415-655-0001 US Toll Access Code 173 713 5896.
CLERK, TREASURER, PLANNER, ASSESSOR, ENGINEER
Individuals with special need for this meeting should contact the City Clerk’s Office at 248-796-5150 (voice) or 711 (TDD). If auxiliary aids or services are needed, reasonable advance notice is required.