City Council July 13 Regular Meeting Agenda (conducted via teleconference)
Due to the State of Emergency declared due to Covid-19, the council meeting will be conducted via teleconference. Residents can listen to the council meeting live online on City Cable 15 and through the City's website at http://southfield.cablecast.tv/CablecastPublicSite/watch/1?channel=2. Residents may also call in at (248) 796-5152 to make public comment at the July 13 City Council Meeting.
City of Southfield
Regular Meeting Committee of the Whole
Agenda of the City Council
July 13, 2020 at 6:00 p.m. via teleconference
26000 Evergreen Road
Southfield, Michigan 48076
THE FOLLOWING ITEMS WILL BE DISCUSSED:
- Appointment of 46th District Court Magistrate
- Request to Personal Protective Equipment Protective Shields for Election Precincts
- Petition Converting the Evergreen-Farmington Sewage Disposal System to a Drainage District Under Chapter 20 of the Michigan Drain Code and Review of the Corrective Action Plan
- Presentation and Discussion Regarding Proposed Special Use and Site Plan Review Request for BP Gas Station Service Bay Conversion located at 20050 W Twelve Mile Road (PSLU20-0004 & PSP20-0003)
- Presentation and Discussion Regarding Proposed Rezoning Request, Special Use and Site Plan Review Request for Kerby’s Koney Island located at 26245 Telegraph Road (PZR20-0001 PSLU20-0005 & PSP20-0004)
- Presentation and Discussion Regarding Proposed Special Use and Site Plan Review Request for a Medical Marihuana Provisioning Center located at 26760 Lahser Road (PSLU20-0007 & PSP20-0005)
- Presentation and Discussion Regarding Special Use Request for Medical Marihuana Grow Facility located at 21342 Bridge Street (PSLU20-0009)
- Presentation and Discussion Regarding Proposed Site Plan Review Request for New Central Carpet located at 20810 & 20854 W Eight Mile Road (PSP20-0002)
- Presentation and Discussion Regarding Text Amendment to Allow Various Uses on City-owned Properties (PZTA20-0002)
- Presentation and Discussion Regarding Proposed Rezoning Request, Special Use and Site Plan Review Request for IGolf located at 27050 W Twelve Mile Road (PZR20-0002 PSLU20-0008 & PSP20-0006)
- Approval of a Professional Services Contract For Promotional Examinations for Police and Fire Positions With EMPCO, Inc.
- Receipt of Proposals for the 2020-22 Roadway Joint & Crack Sealing Program
- Permit Applications for Work Performed in the Public Rights-of-Way
- Proposed Sale of Real Property-Parking Lot
- Dedication of Donald F. Fracassi Municipal Campus Signage
- Authorization to Participate in Oakland County Brownfield Consortium for FY2020 Community-Wide $600,000 United States Environmental Protection Agency (USEPA) Coalition Assessment Grant under Title 11, Subtitle A, of the Small Business Liability Relief and Brownfields Revitalization Act of 2002.
The Southfield City Council has established the following Rules of Procedure for all speakers:
- No speaker may make personal or impertinent attacks upon any officer, employee, or City Council member or other Elected Official, that is unrelated to the manner in which the officer, employee, or City Council member or other Elected Official, performs his or her duties.
- No person shall use abusive or threatening language toward any individual when addressing the City Council.
Any person who violates this section shall be directed by the presiding officer to be orderly and silent. If a person addressing the Council refuses to become silent when so directed, such person may be deemed by the presiding officer to have committed a “breach of the peace” by disrupting and impeding the orderly conduct of the public meeting of the City Council and may be ordered by the presiding officer to leave the meeting. If the person refuses to leave as directed, the presiding officer may direct any law enforcement officer who is present to escort the violator from the meeting.
For Communications, the phone number to call in is 248-796-5152.
AND ANY OTHER ITEMS DEEMED NECESSARY
Sherikia L. Hawkins, MMC
Individuals with special needs who plan to attend this meeting should contact the City Clerk’s Office at 248-796-5150 (voice) or 711 (TDD). If auxiliary aids or services are needed, reasonable advance notice is required.