City Council Joint Meeting with Lawrence Tech University September 12 at LTU Agenda
City of Southfield
Regular (Hybrid) Meeting Agenda of the City Council
September 12, 2022 at 6:00 p.m.
Lawrence Technological University
University Technology and Learning Center Gallery
21000 W. Ten Mile Road
Southfield, MI 48075
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
The Southfield City Council has established the following Rules of Procedure for all speakers:
- No speaker may make personal or impertinent attacks upon any officer, employee, or City Council member or other Elected Official, that is unrelated to the manner in which the officer, employee, or City Council member or other Elected Official, performs his or her duties.
- No person shall use abusive or threatening language toward any individual when addressing the City Council.
Any person who violates this section shall be directed by the presiding officer to be orderly and silent. If a person addressing the Council refuses to become silent when so directed, such person may be deemed by the presiding officer to have committed a “breach of the peace” by disrupting and impeding the orderly conduct of the public meeting of the City Council and may be ordered by the presiding officer to leave the meeting. If the person refuses to leave as directed, the presiding officer may direct any law enforcement officer who is present to escort the violator from the meeting.
PUBLIC HEARINGS AND SITE PLANS
AGENDA ITEMS FOR DISCUSSION AND OR ACTION
- Lawrence Technological University Items to be Discussed:
- LTU Vision, Enrollment, Education, & Talent Development - Dr. Tarek Sobh, President
- City Parks & Recreation - LTU - Dual Use Softball / Baseball Field - Kevin Finn, Interim Vice President, Philanthropy & Alumni Relations, and Dean of Students
- Research, Innovation & Entrepreneurship - Mark Brucki, Associate Vice President, Economic Development
- Student Life and Athletics - Kevin Finn, Interim Vice President, Philanthropy & Alumni Relations, and Dean of Students
- Inauguration, 90th Anniversary and Homecoming - Mark Brucki, Associate Vice President, Economic Development
CLERK, TREASURER, PLANNER, ASSESSOR, ENGINEER
Individuals with special need for this meeting should contact the City Clerk’s Office at 248-796-5150 (voice) or 711 (TDD). If auxiliary aids or services are needed, reasonable advance notice is required.