City Council January 9 Regular (Hybrid) Meeting Agenda
City of Southfield
Regular (Hybrid) Meeting Agenda of the City Council
January 9, 2023 at 6:00 p.m.
Donald F. Fracassi Municipal Campus
26000 Evergreen Road
Southfield, Michigan 48076
PRESENTATION OF COLORS
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
- Swearing In of Firefighter John Haning
- Swearing In of Firefighter Charles Kassley
- Swearing In of Firefighter Michael Siburt
- Swearing In of Firefighter Gregory VanHamme
- Swearing In of Firefighter Paramedic John Kroll
- Swearing In of Firefighter Paramedic Chloe Wendell
The Southfield City Council has established the following Rules of Procedure for all speakers:
- No speaker may make personal or impertinent attacks upon any officer, employee, or City Council member or other Elected Official, that is unrelated to the manner in which the officer, employee, or City Council member or other Elected Official, performs his or her duties.
- No person shall use abusive or threatening language toward any individual when addressing the City Council.
Any person who violates this section shall be directed by the presiding officer to be orderly and silent. If a person addressing the Council refuses to become silent when so directed, such person may be deemed by the presiding officer to have committed a “breach of the peace” by disrupting and impeding the orderly conduct of the public meeting of the City Council and may be ordered by the presiding officer to leave the meeting. If the person refuses to leave as directed, the presiding officer may direct any law enforcement officer who is present to escort the violator from the meeting.
- Presentation of Joint Resolution in Recognition of Lieutenant Colonel Felix Seldon
PUBLIC HEARINGS AND SITE PLANS
AGENDA ITEMS FOR DISCUSSION AND / OR ACTION
- Oakland County Michigan Works! Southfield Wagner-Peyser Grants Acceptance
- Oakland County Michigan Works! County Partnership. Accountability. Training. Hope. Grant Acceptance
- Oakland County Michigan Works! Southfield - Workforce Innovation & Opportunity Act Grants Acceptance
- Receive and File Public Act 202 of 2017, Protecting Local Government Retirement and Benefits Act, Annual Report 2022
- Authorization to Purchase Mobile Stage for Parks & Recreation Department
- Presentation and Discussion Regarding Zoning Ordinance Text Amendment (PZTA22-0004) regarding Adult Use Marijuana
CLERK, TREASURER, PLANNER, ASSESSOR, ENGINEER
ADDITIONAL ITEMS DEEMED NECESSARY FOR DISCUSSION
- Discussion of Performance Evaluation
Individuals with special need for this meeting should contact the City Clerk’s Office at 248-796-5150 (voice) or 711 (TDD). If auxiliary aids or services are needed, reasonable advance notice is required.