City Council January 27 Regular Meeting Agenda
City of Southfield
Regular Meeting Agenda of the City Council
January 27, 2020
26000 Evergreen Road
Southfield, Michigan 48076
Regular Meeting begins at 6:00 p.m. in the Council Conference Room and 7:30 p.m. in the Council Chambers.
(Presentation and discussion of each study item will be limited to ten minutes)
- Proposed City Charter Amendments
- Purchase Agreement Between the City of Southfield, MI and Middlepointe Investment Group, LLC, for the City Owned Property Located at the Northwest Corner of Civic Center and Evergreen Road
- Continuation of Personnel Evaluation
MOVE TO COUNCIL CHAMBERS
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
- Regular Meeting Minutes of December 16, 2019
- Authorization to Contract for Lockdale Storm Pump Station Rehabilitation
- Authorization to Purchase Gasoline and Diesel Fuel through the MITN Purchasing Cooperative
- Purchase of Rifle Optics for the Southfield Police Department
- Request to Amend Water Service Connections Contract with Aielli Construction Co.
- Purchase Agreement Between the City of Southfield, MI and Middlepointe Investment Group,LLC, for the City Owned Property Located at the Northwest Corner of Civic Center and Evergreen Road
- PZRODD19-0003 Rezoning Request of Avanti Development Group, LLC, on behalf of the owner, Oakland Commons, LLC, to rezone 5.65 acres of property from RC – Regional Center to ODD – Overlay Development District and create a Master Development Plan and Agreement to allow for the development of two hotels, including an extended stay hotel, with associated parking and other on-site amenities, Sidwell Parcel 2422-201-023, on the north side of the Northwestern Service Drive between Civic Center Drive and Towne Square, City of Southfield, Oakland County, State of Michigan.
- PSP19-0010 Site Plan Review Request of Friedman Real Estate Group, on behalf of the owner, Southfield Galleria Owner LLC, for the construction of a 95,525gsf research and development center with associated parking and other on-site amenities on property located at 200 Galleria Officentre, Sidwell Parcel 2417-176-008, on the north side of the Northwestern Service Drive between Lockdale and Case Roads, City of Southfield, Oakland County, State of Michigan.
The Southfield City Council has established the following Rules of Procedure for all speakers:
- No speaker may make personal or impertinent attacks upon any officer, employee, or City Council member or other Elected Official, that is unrelated to the manner in which the officer, employee, or City Council member or other Elected Official, performs his or her duties.
- No person shall use abusive or threatening language toward any individual when addressing the City Council.
Any person who violates this section shall be directed by the presiding officer to be orderly and silent. If a person addressing the Council refuses to become silent when so directed, such person may be deemed by the presiding officer to have committed a “breach of the peace” by disrupting and impeding the orderly conduct of the public meeting of the City Council and may be ordered by the presiding officer to leave the meeting. If the person refuses to leave as directed, the presiding officer may direct any law enforcement officer who is present to escort the violator from the meeting.
CLERK, TREASURER, PLANNER, ASSESSOR, ENGINEER
Individuals with special needs who plan to attend this meeting should contact the City Clerk’s Office at 248-796-5150 (voice) or 711 (TDD). If auxiliary aids or services are needed, reasonable advance notice is required.