City Council January 17 Regular (Hybrid) Meeting Agenda
City of Southfield
Regular (Hybrid) Meeting Agenda of the City Council
January 17, 2023 at 6:00 p.m.
Donald F. Fracassi Municipal Campus
26000 Evergreen Road
Southfield, Michigan 48076
PRESENTATION OF COLORS
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
- Swearing In of Firefighter Jordan Richardson
- Swearing In of Firefighter Kaitlyn Hall
- Swearing In of Firefighter Dominic Veach
The Southfield City Council has established the following Rules of Procedure for all speakers:
- No speaker may make personal or impertinent attacks upon any officer, employee, or City Council member or other Elected Official, that is unrelated to the manner in which the officer, employee, or City Council member or other Elected Official, performs his or her duties.
- No person shall use abusive or threatening language toward any individual when addressing the City Council.
Any person who violates this section shall be directed by the presiding officer to be orderly and silent. If a person addressing the Council refuses to become silent when so directed, such person may be deemed by the presiding officer to have committed a “breach of the peace” by disrupting and impeding the orderly conduct of the public meeting of the City Council and may be ordered by the presiding officer to leave the meeting. If the person refuses to leave as directed, the presiding officer may direct any law enforcement officer who is present to escort the violator from the meeting.
- January 9, 2023 Closed Session Minutes
PUBLIC HEARINGS AND SITE PLANS
- PSLU22-0004, Special Use Request of Ashaka Investment Properties, LLC to allow for a general office use on the property located at 24040 W Ten Mile Road, Sidwell Parcel 2420-477-017 on the north side of W Ten Mile Road between Telegraph Road and Berg Road, Section 20, City of Southfield, Oakland County, State of Michigan
- PSP22-0008, Site Plan Review Request of Ashaka Investment Properties, LLC to allow for the use of the existing 2,250 gsf building for a tax preparation office on property located at 24040 W Ten Mile Road, Sidwell Parcel 2420-477-017, Section 20, City of Southfield, Oakland County, State of Michigan
- PZTA22-0004, Council-initiated Zoning Ordinance Text Amendment to amend Title V, Zoning and Planning, Chapter 45, Zoning, of the Code of the City of Southfield by Adding to Article 2 Definitions Section 5.3, a definition of Adult Use Marihuana; Amending Article 4 General Provisions Section 5.22-3 Overlay Development District (ODD) Table 1 Permitted Table of Uses to remove Medical Marihuana as a Permitted use in the Downtown Development District, deleting the reference “(except in Northland ODD)” from the list of “Prohibited uses. Medical Marihuana Facilities”, and adding Adult-use Marihuana Facilities to the list of Prohibited uses in an ODD; Amending Article 4 General Provisions Section 5.22-7 Medical Marihuana Facilities to remove the Northland ODD as a location for all Medical Marihuana Facility types; adding to Article 4 General Provisions, a new Section 5.22-8 Adult Use Recreational Marihuana Facilities to allow for adult-use of marihuana in the City along with certain facility types subject to certain conditions and requirements; Deleting Section 5.60-E from Article 4 General Provisions which currently prohibits Adult-use Marihuana; Amending Article 9 Office Service Section 5.103 and Article 10 Education Research-Office (Limited) and Education Research-Office Section 5.112 to allow for certain Medical Marihuana and Adult-Use Marihuana Facilities as Permitted Uses; Amending Article 18 General Business Section 5.169 to allow Adult-use Marihuana Retailers as Special Land Uses; Amending Article 19 Light Industrial Section 5.179 to remove previous language regarding Medical Marihuana, adding new standards for marihuana uses, updating Medical Marihuana uses and allowing certain Adult-Use Marihuana uses as a Special Use; and Amending Article 20 Industrial Section 5.185 to add Adult-use Marihuana as a Special Use; and any other amendments that may become necessary as needed for the above and the City of Southfield
Introduce Ordinance No. 1763
AGENDA ITEMS FOR DISCUSSION AND / OR ACTION
- Authorization to Purchase Armor Express ballistic body armor, vest carriers, and pouches for the Southfield Police Department Special Weapons and Tactics (SWAT) Team
- Central Services Budget Adjustment for Copier Maintenance
- Receipt of Roof Replacement Bids
- Liquor License Request – Pearl Banquet and Conference Center, LLC
- Approve Travel Reimbursement Report for Linnie Taylor: NLC City Summit Conference, November 15, 2022 through November 20, 2022
- Sandweiss v. City of Southfield
CLERK, TREASURER, PLANNER, ASSESSOR, ENGINEER
ADDITIONAL ITEMS DEEMED NECESSARY FOR DISCUSSION
Individuals with special need for this meeting should contact the City Clerk’s Office at 248-796-5150 (voice) or 711 (TDD). If auxiliary aids or services are needed, reasonable advance notice is required.