City Council January 13 Regular Meeting Agenda
City of Southfield
Regular Meeting Agenda of the City Council
January 13, 2020 at 6:00 p.m.
26000 Evergreen Road
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
Council Chambers Design and Construction Oversight Bid Request
Campus Safety and Security Improvements Bid Request
Presentation and Discussion Regarding Proposed Overlay Development District for Two Hotels on Northwestern Highway (PZRODD19-0003)
Authorization to enter into fee agreement for accounting candidate referral services
- Regular Meeting Minutes of December 9, 2019
- Council Chamber Design and Construction Oversight Bid Request
- Campus Safety and Security Improvements Bid Request
- ACH and Electronic Transactions Policy
- Approval of Agreement for Resurfacing of 9 Mile Road from Inkster Road to Beech Road (Job No. 1952SFLD) (MDOT Job No. 205938CON; Contract No. 19-5582)
- Proposed Sale of Non-Buildable Parcels on Magnolia Parkway
- Authorization to enter into fee agreement for accounting candidate referral services
- Amendment to Liquor License Request – Sweet Magnolia’s Soul Food, Inc.
The Southfield City Council has established the following Rules of Procedure for all speakers:
- No speaker may make personal or impertinent attacks upon any officer, employee, or City Council member or other Elected Official, that is unrelated to the manner in which the officer, employee, or City Council member or other Elected Official, performs his or her duties.
- No person shall use abusive or threatening language toward any individual when addressing the City Council.
Any person who violates this section shall be directed by the presiding officer to be orderly and silent. If a person addressing the Council refuses to become silent when so directed, such person may be deemed by the presiding officer to have committed a “breach of the peace” by disrupting and impeding the orderly conduct of the public meeting of the City Council and may be ordered by the presiding officer to leave the meeting. If the person refuses to leave as directed, the presiding officer may direct any law enforcement officer who is present to escort the violator from the meeting.
FUTURE ITEMS TO DISCUSS:
- Personnel in Acting Positions (Referred to City Administrator Council Item for January 27, 2020 Meeting)
- Discussion of Cease and Desist Right of First Refusal for (February 3, 2020 Meeting)
- Discussion of City Charter Amendments (February 3, 2020 Meeting)
- Discussion of Communications on the City Council Agenda (February 3, 2020)
- Zoning Text Amendment from 2016 Ordinance (Referred to Legislative Committee)
- Impeding Traffic Ordinance (Referred to Legislative Subcommittee)
- Written Policy Licensing Agreement for the use of City Council Chambers (Referred to Legal Department)
- Update to Council Procedures and Rules including protocol for Sub-committee meetings and minutes, Media Communication Policy (Referred to City Clerk and City Administrator for February 24, 2020 Meeting)
- Discussion of AirBnB’s (Referred to Neighborhood Services)
- Approve Travel Expense Report for Michael Ari Mandelbaum: National League of Cities, City Summit, San Antonio, Texas, November 19-22, 2019
- Appointment of Delegate and Alternate to the Southeast Michigan Council of Governments (SEMCOG)
CLERK, TREASURER, PLANNER, ASSESSOR, ENGINEER
- Annual Update of City’s Investment Policy
- Annual Update of Depository Resolution
- Enact Ordinance No. 1715, PZRODD19-0001, Northland Subarea Redevelopment Plan Overlay Development District
- Enact Ordinance No. 1716, PZRODD19-0002, Northland Subarea Redevelopment Plan Overlay Development District
- Discussion of Attorney-Client Written Opinion
Individuals with special needs who plan to attend this meeting should contact the City Clerk’s Office at 248-796-5150 (voice) or 711 (TDD). If auxiliary aids or services are needed, reasonable advance notice is required.