City Council February 10 Regular Meeting Agenda
City of Southfield
Regular Meeting Agenda of the City Council
February 10, 2020 at 6:00 p.m.
26000 Evergreen Road
Southfield, Michigan 48076
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
Presentation of City’s Water Pollution Control Effects
Planning Commission 2019 Annual Report
Q Alert Presentation
- Committee-of-the-Whole Meeting Minutes of January 6, 2020
- Regular Meeting Minutes of January 13, 2020
- Regular Meeting Minutes of January 27, 2020
Discussion of Cease and Desist Right of First Refusal
- Receive and File Public the City of Southfield Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR) for the year ending June 30, 2019
- Approval to Purchase & Install Carpeting on the Library’s First Floor using Airea, Inc.
- Authorization to Purchase Replacement Vehicles for the Police and Public Works Departments
- Second Amendment Agreement to Purchase Real Estate, A.F.J. Development (Former Northland Mall Properties – Greenfield Road Frontage)
- Receive and File Industrial Facilities Exemption Agreement Status Report
- Revocation of Exemption of New Personal Property, Certificate No. 485-2017 and 486-2017, for the Personal Property under Public Act 328 of 1998, as Amended, for Credit Acceptance Corporation, located at 20700 Civic Center Drive, 3rd Floor and 200 Galleria Road, Southfield, Michigan
- Appointment of Hanan Azzou to the Position of Deputy Director of Fiscal Services
- Appointment of Virginia Robinson to the Position of Human Resources Manager of Operations
- Appointment of H. Maria Calhoun to the Position of Director, Code Enforcement/Community Appearance
- Appointment of Larry Sirls to the Position of Director, Department of Public Works
- Appointment of Rene Hinojosa to the Position of Director, Information Technology
- Extension of Site Plan Approval – Sidwell Parcels 2427-302-040, -041, -043 and -044, Part of Lots 4-7 of Supervisor’s Plat No. 12, on the northeast corner of Lahser Road and Dun Scotus (PSP18-0005)
- Extension of Site Plan Approval – Parcel 2415-226-030, Lot 6 S 145ft of Ranchwood Estates, on the Southwest Corner of W. 12 Mile Road and Evergreen Road (PSP18-0008)
- Specialized Services Operating Assistance Program for Senior Transportation Contract Period: October 1, 2019 through September 30, 2020
- Vehicle Lease Agreement between Suburban Mobility Authority for Regional Transportation and Southfield Parks and Recreation
- Receive and File Planning Commission Annual Report
- Brownfield Plan for Southfield NRI Brownfield Project 2020
The Southfield City Council has established the following Rules of Procedure for all speakers:
- No speaker may make personal or impertinent attacks upon any officer, employee, or City Council member or other Elected Official, that is unrelated to the manner in which the officer, employee, or City Council member or other Elected Official, performs his or her duties.
- No person shall use abusive or threatening language toward any individual when addressing the City Council.
Any person who violates this section shall be directed by the presiding officer to be orderly and silent. If a person addressing the Council refuses to become silent when so directed, such person may be deemed by the presiding officer to have committed a “breach of the peace” by disrupting and impeding the orderly conduct of the public meeting of the City Council and may be ordered by the presiding officer to leave the meeting. If the person refuses to leave as directed, the presiding officer may direct any law enforcement officer who is present to escort the violator from the meeting.
- Proposed City Charter Amendment
CLERK, TREASURER, PLANNER, ASSESSOR, ENGINEER
- Enact Ordinance No. 1717, PZRODD19-0003, Rezoning Request of Avanti Development Group, LLC, to rezone 5.65 acres of property from RC – Regional Center to ODD – Overlay Development District
Individuals with special needs who plan to attend this meeting should contact the City Clerk’s Office at 248-796-5150 (voice) or 711 (TDD). If auxiliary aids or services are needed, reasonable advance notice is required.